Web comic: Crimson Dark

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Re: Web comic: Crimson Dark

Post by Bleeding Star »

Stupid romance subplot. Less jaw-jaw, more pew-pew!
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Bleeding Star wrote:Stupid romance subplot. Less jaw-jaw, more pew-pew!
heh yeah, the whisper and the doctor plot came dropping out of the sky "So now we're officially in a relationship", I mean wtf... It's obvious that the creator has had no romantic experiences of his own ;).
That being said, I'm still following this on a weekly basis. I'm impressed with the regularity of his updates!
oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop »

Angelfish wrote: heh yeah, the whisper and the doctor plot came dropping out of the sky "So now we're officially in a relationship", I mean wtf... It's obvious that the creator has had no romantic experiences of his own ;).
Well, keep in mind Whisper's a very strange person. That's all completely in character if you ask me. ;)-smf
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

oldlaptop wrote:
Angelfish wrote: heh yeah, the whisper and the doctor plot came dropping out of the sky "So now we're officially in a relationship", I mean wtf... It's obvious that the creator has had no romantic experiences of his own ;).
Well, keep in mind Whisper's a very strange person. That's all completely in character if you ask me. ;)-smf
it's the doctor i'm worrying about ;). whisper is indeed strange, I'm not even sure you could even consider her a person anymore, with all the augs she has :D.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

And the doctor's well established as socially awkward and has been crushing on Whisper for a while now. So why is this out of left field again? Seems well within character to me.
Quinarbre
Orz *camper*

Post by Quinarbre »

That being said, I'm still following this on a weekly basis. I'm impressed with the regularity of his updates!
The author himself once told on the site that he had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome (a higher form of autism). What's surprising is that creativity really is uncommon in this kind of disease, but it may explain some of his traits (the way he crafted a semi-automated process to produce the comic pictures and the perfectionism he puts in it, but also the kinda artificial relationships between his characters).
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Draxas wrote:And the doctor's well established as socially awkward and has been crushing on Whisper for a while now. So why is this out of left field again? Seems well within character to me.
It's like the 3rd time that they've even talked to eachother in the strip itself :). We've seen no relationship develop, it just suddenly was 'there'.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Well, I saw it coming. They're awkward, but the author made them awkward to begin with. It fits. Sure, maybe the author couldn't write a normal relationship, but you know? He was smart enough to avoid having to write one, so props on that.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Death 999 wrote:Well, I saw it coming. They're awkward, but the author made them awkward to begin with. It fits. Sure, maybe the author couldn't write a normal relationship, but you know? He was smart enough to avoid having to write one, so props on that.
Ok.. But don't you find it strange that Whisper has no sex-augs?
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

There's nothing stopping her from having sexual activity of the sorts she's clearly capable of, but it's not the same.