Web comic: Crimson Dark

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Web comic: Crimson Dark

Post by Death 999 »

/me archive binged. I think were all hitting the server at once, it was so laggy...
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

Yeah, me too. Awesome find.

Did anyone else get the impression that the author might really, really, miss Firefly?
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

Bleeding Star wrote:Yeah, me too. Awesome find.

Did anyone else get the impression that the author might really, really, miss Firefly?
I suppose that would go a long way toward explaining the Papyrus font, actually. Well, if it's an homage to Firefly, I guess it's acceptable. I'll give it another try soon.
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

Eth wrote:
I suppose that would go a long way toward explaining the Papyrus font, actually. Well, if it's an homage to Firefly, I guess it's acceptable. I'll give it another try soon.
Well, he might also really, really, miss Wing Commander or any one of a bunch of sicfi games or shows, but Firefly was the first that sprang to mind.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

To be a perfect comic for my personal taste it needs a little more scientific/technical stuff and lot less implants. Other than these two - it's awesome.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Considering how the author espouses the virtues of Firefly and explains all the references to it that he worked in as they come up in the text commentary, yeah, I'd say he does.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

I have the utmost respect for the author for keeping a regular update schedule for 4 years !
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Angelfish wrote:I have the utmost respect for the author for keeping a regular update schedule for 4 years !
Yeah, that is pretty rad.
Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Fossaman »

It hasn't actually been a regular update schedule, unfortunately. It's jumped around quite a bit. But he's kept updating regardless, and that's a very good sign for a webcomic.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Fossaman wrote:It hasn't actually been a regular update schedule, unfortunately. It's jumped around quite a bit. But he's kept updating regardless, and that's a very good sign for a webcomic.
I haven't read it entirely yet, but it was regular until 2008. Sometimes the author announced a different update schedule, it's been floating from 3 times a week to 2 times a week to 3 times a week again, to 1 time a week when he was in college. I call that regular :D