Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: The YouTube Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:04 pm 
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

I prevailed upon Chad (Frumple) to install the capability to include YouTube in our posts mainly so that I could create this thread. If you find something remarkable on YouTube, post it here with an explanation of why YouThink it merits attention. One rule: don't post two things in a row unless it's been a week since someone else posted a video.

This is a sort of meta-video. The creator, Kutiman, created it by finding videos posted by the many talented musicians who present their work on YouTube. The videos generally consisted of a single musician. Kutiman mixed and cut these together to create a song and a music video. He has a bunch of others, but I consider this one to be the best. Enjoy "The Mother of All Funk Chords."

That Ur-Quan Master
Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict

Post subject: Re: The YouTube Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:34 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

Was that a theremin? (On inspection, yes it was)

Cool video, Eth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 am 
Wise and Ancient Soul

Oh man, I've been watching way too much stuff on the tubenets lately, some of it on YouTube, so I have a lot of things I could share here. I guess that rule will help prevent me from blowing my load all at once, but SO MANY THINGS to choose from.

There is a series I fumbled across some months back that started off as a comics-themed parody of the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials featuring Marvel and DC. As time has passed the focus has become more on this "hero bar" that the characters hang out at, and it continues to get more hilarious as time goes on. It consists of this guy with various action figures playing all the roles, doing all of the male voices himself (and displaying a great vocal range), and pure comedy.

Through means I can only guess at, Rorschach of Watchmen has ended up getting paired with Deadpool, and hilarity ensues:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:44 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Something seems wrong, those Youtubes don't load. oh well.

Okay, so this is part 1 of 7 in a review of the Phantom Menace. I'm only posting the first part due to thread rules (I think?) but the others can easily be found. The reviewer has some real good insights and criticisms that really illustrate how poorly the movie was put together.

He also has some weird gimmick about being a serial killer, and apparently that has been building up during his Star Trek movie reviews. I didbn't find it very funny, but I suppose some of you might find it offensive, so be warned. Also, there's a lot of swearing. Oh, and the voice may sound off to begin with, but trust me, it's realy fitting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Google is turning evil by having me sign onto my google account in youtube instead of my youtube account which I've had for years.
Anyway, dunno why I'm posting this here, but I think it's the best videoclip I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:37 am 
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

These are all excellent choices. I'd seen the Phantom Menace review (and loved it) but the others are new to me. Very amusing.

I originally saw this next piece in the Field Museum in Chicago. It sparked my lifelong interest in Mayan art and mythology. It's an animated version of the Popol Vuh, the creation myth of the Quiche Maya. All of the images are based on ancient pottery, and the actors are all Guatemalan Mayans. The action doesn't really start until 2:45, so be a little patient. There are several other parts. I really consider the Popol Vuh to the "the Saturday morning cartoon of creation myths."

That Ur-Quan Master
Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:51 pm 
Atum-ta the Sixth

I suppose I should contribute to this madness.

I had never heard of the Automatic Mario concept until I saw this... and it's damned impressive. The amount of time and effort that must have been spent on it is beyond ludicrous, especially the parts of the image that line up between the 4 screens.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:25 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Eth wrote:
These are all excellent choices. I'd seen the Phantom Menace review (and loved it) but the others are new to me. Very amusing.

Did you know there's also a nine part review of The Attack of the Clones?

Oh and Draxas? That is cool. Really cool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:45 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

I came across this a while ago on some other forum, but it's dang cool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:49 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

I'm always up for a bit of immature humor when it comes to Garry's Mod. IMO this is probably the best Gmod series out there, too bad DasBoSchitt doesn't {Seem to} work on these anymore

Don't ask me why I think 4:46 is the best part of the episode :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next