Forum Roll Call

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Forum Roll Call

Post by Angelfish » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Shiver wrote: It was a tall order, and even during the most optimistic period of the project it didn't seem like we had enough programmers around.
Don't be so surprised, nobody wants to touch that code with a ten foot pole. It's so outdated the sentient milieu might even find it ancient.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 pm

I'm here, sorta kinda.
Shiver wrote:Hey Scott, give me moderator status. Do it. Come on, we're all bored here, you know you want to see what happens.
Don't stop there, give him full site access.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:24 am

Shiver wrote:
Scott Irving wrote:I'm around but admittedly most of the time it's just to make sure site hasn't broken it's self. I'm a terrible mod, and truthfully put very little time in anymore. Guess that'll need to change.
Hey Scott, give me moderator status. Do it. Come on, we're all bored here, you know you want to see what happens.
I predict a sharp uptick of bannings. :)-smf

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:51 am

oh dear. :lol: :lol:

To be serious I really have to step up my game here...
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:21 am

Eth wrote:I'm leaving for a while.
Okay, I'm back. Turns out I just really wanted to stop being a mod. That's taken care of now.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:36 pm

I lurk here and there, but that's pretty much it. I could post more, but so far there wasn't many discussion that truly called me.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:30 pm

glory_device wrote:I lurk here and there, but that's pretty much it. I could post more, but so far there wasn't many discussion that truly called me.
Typical problem on these boards. A lot of people lurk, but they want others to start the discussions. When there are no discussion starters, everyone just sits around.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:44 pm

We could try another role play. The grand council ones seemed to be a big hit.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Maloo Oture wrote:We could try another role play. The grand council ones seemed to be a big hit.
Not a bad idea, though unfortunately I find myself unable to be the "host" of the RP, as I'm already hands-full with the one I'm already running over at Spacebattles, not to mention a dozen half-finished fics, both one-shot and otherwise, all calling for my attention.
I'd be glad to join it if someone else fires it up, though - CHMMR, Utwig, Umgah and maybe Spathi or Orz all seem like ones I could try, with priority being in the stated order.

One could always just create the thread, say that whatever anti-chaos device commonly used is 'broken' and, well, let the game supervise itself. Less likely to succeed than actually having some sort of handle on the situation, but if nobody's willing to be the one readily available to grab the handle and help steer things back on track, there wouldn't really be many options.
Last edited by Quasispatial on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:13 am

RP's require some dedication from players and a lot of dedication from the "director". Otherwise you'll just get a half-dozen posts and then everyone sits around waiting for someone who wanted to be an integral part of the story but never came back after the first post.

I mean, if you can get a few discussions started on general topics or SC topics and keep them going for a while, then maybe the forum is active enough. But otherwise it seems improbable.

But I'm not a moderator, just a concerned scientist, so don't mind my nay-saying :)