Forum Roll Call

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Forum Roll Call

Post by Lukipela » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Angelfish wrote:Wow, we have a scientist in the field of role playing?
Pick your option.

1. I'm a scientist (kinda!) and I never said I was a scientist in RP:ing!
2. I may have misspelled citizen.

I think Umgah fleshlights would allow us to target a broader audience.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Lukipela wrote:I think Umgah fleshlights would allow us to target a broader audience.
"Umgah fleshlights"... I'm not sure what I should fear more: the "flesh" part or the fact that anything of Umgah design is bound to pull potentially lethal practical jokes on the user.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Luki, despite the fact that you are no longer entrusted with the mask of inevitable kitchen spam removing, your still a father figure to people here. (at least that is what I perceived over time). Your right about the discussion and topic trending. But, it's been along time since a project got updated or emerged. The last one was Tiberian's Groombridge Log or the announcement of a new Star-Con game. However, even that news got old since there is nothing new to discuss right now aside from the Fred and Paul possible limbo involvement or lack of.

All in all, to get discussion started we need something new or an event or something.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:32 pm

You may be right there.

Scott, is your movie done yet?

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Oh christ, haven't been back here for ages. Howdy.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Well, I'm a newcomer to the discussion board and I've basically had very little experience in being active in threads and such. I've enjoyed lurking, poking here and there through different discussions that caught my eye, I've enjoyed seeing you guys interact, and it's even made me want to get involved more.

Granted, there are several times when some of the talk becomes a little too technical for my limited knowledge of the language that many of you programmer-types speak. In addition, everybody has done a fine job of thoroughly discussing the in-and-outs of Star Control (much of which I avoid to not learn too much about UQM, a new game to me), and this has likely contributed to a lull of new topics.

But there's always stuff to discuss, and from the feedback it would seem that much of this has to do with the number of lurkers just waiting in anticipation for stuff to respond to. Well, I'll leave with the acknowledgement that I have much to learn, and I'm also the type of person that likes to ponder things, coming up with hypotheticals, discussing science, time, and philosophy (to name a few), so from time to time I'm just going to throw stuff out there.

Or perhaps instead we should all just brace for the almost certain ensuing insanity as the keys are handed over to Shiver. But either way, there's going to be some pure-whack craziness happenings, so get ready!

EDIT: From that kind of build-up the results might be anticlimatic.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Sage
Wise and Ancient Soul

Post by Sage » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Might as well speak up...

I'm still around, I've just been checking more irregularly of late.

When I had last posted here, I had been unemployed for nearly two years. The increased pressure to find a job during that time period seems to have broken a few of my up-to-that-point regular internet habits. Checking this forum was apparently a victim of that.

Since then I've done two call center jobs, the first at a physical location. The other employees were great to work with, but the employers mistreated us constantly, and the place was a disease-ridden cesspool that was impossible to stay healthy in. Then I had a death in the family that hit me pretty hard, drove me into a depressive state that made working even harder and I eventually got canned for attendance problems due to being ill constantly.

The next call center job was actually done from home, and at first was a very sweet gig. I was supporting people's wifi devices in my boxers. Then my employers renegotiated the contract they had with their customer, and as a result the job changed considerably, more pointless rules got added, and there was a strong push to eliminate under-performers. Before I could get fired for some reason or another I ended up getting the job I have now.

Current job is working out better in most respects: It helps that my friend is my boss and the one who hired me.

In less-boring areas, I continue to game. Less so on the Second Life and more on the Minecraft lately, though I have found myself mucking about in Starcraft II as well.

In other gaming, I've been slowly researching and gathering information for a D&D 3.5 campaign that I want to run based partially on the 2nd edition Chronomancer source book. I may or may not have been watching Doctor Who for inspiration for this idea. ;)

There's certainly more but I'm not thinking of it at the moment; this should be enough to start.

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm around. It's sort of hard to get rid of me.

Zieman
Hunam adventurer

Post by Zieman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:54 am

Intermediate-timer here.

Lurking as usual.
...and keep it under Lightspeed!

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:50 am

Everyone's declaring their presence. Thus, even though I've got a response only a few comments back, I might as well appear again in the thread.

Yes, I am still there. To quote the Orz: "Hello! Now you are happy I am sure."
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.