Forum Roll Call

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Forum Roll Call

Post by oldlaptop » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:13 pm

I still check these forums every now and then.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

UltronUser25
Hunam adventurer

Post by UltronUser25 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Lurking. And working on a ship guide for newcomers so they can learn about the ships with a few tactics for each. Based on personal, and in some cases, excessive melee-testing!
The Ultron tells me I should wear my Mask of Toys for Bob Appreciation when playing Star Control 2.

Stargazer
Hunam adventurer

Post by Stargazer » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm alive too. :)

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:51 am

I'm leaving for a while.

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:16 pm

I'm around but admittedly most of the time it's just to make sure site hasn't broken it's self. I'm a terrible mod, and truthfully put very little time in anymore. Guess that'll need to change.
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:48 am

Scott Irving wrote:I'm around but admittedly most of the time it's just to make sure site hasn't broken it's self. I'm a terrible mod, and truthfully put very little time in anymore. Guess that'll need to change.
I've known you since 1999, in a few years that's half our lives we've known eachother. I don't think that any change will happen in that aspect ;).

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Shiver wrote:I'll take this opportunity to state that Cedric6014 getting everyone hyped up for a mod project, then walking off and leaving other people holding the bag was really shitty of him.
Maybe. But I thought he was better at coordinating it than any who followed him. What would be good is if he gave it enough of a heave at the beginning for the project to get enough momentum to roll on, but I guess this community doesn't have the critical mass for that.
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

2-23-6
Arilou wiseguy

Post by 2-23-6 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:20 pm

I'm here. 1999? Fishy, I think you're thinking of 1998.

Shiver
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Shiver » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Scott Irving wrote:I'm around but admittedly most of the time it's just to make sure site hasn't broken it's self. I'm a terrible mod, and truthfully put very little time in anymore. Guess that'll need to change.
Hey Scott, give me moderator status. Do it. Come on, we're all bored here, you know you want to see what happens.

Zeracles wrote:Maybe. But I thought he was better at coordinating it than any who followed him. What would be good is if he gave it enough of a heave at the beginning for the project to get enough momentum to roll on, but I guess this community doesn't have the critical mass for that.
It was a tall order, and even during the most optimistic period of the project it didn't seem like we had enough programmers around.

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:42 pm

It was a tall order, and even during the most optimistic period of the project it didn't seem like we had enough programmers around.
Seems to be a problem with a lot of these fan projects. Too many ideas people (many with very stupid ideas) and not enough smart fuckers to actually make things happen. Still, I thought Cedric made a decent stab at it - I was almost hopeful there for a while.