It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tissue based happiness
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:46 pm 
Hunam adventurer

Post subject: Re: Tissue based happiness
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:50 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

But how come this doesn't seem to apply to my liver?

Bile excretion---->Happiness from drinking?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:52 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Zanthius,

I suggest you hold on to these and put them up on UQM when it goes back up.

It'll keep it all in one place.

Though I do guess it's not MORE off topic here than it was there… this is the off-topic forum... What do other regulars think?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:58 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Death 999 wrote:
Zanthius,

I suggest you hold on to these and put them up on UQM when it goes back up.

It'll keep it all in one place.

Though I do guess it's not MORE off topic here than it was there… this is the off-topic forum... What do other regulars think?

Let's face it, you can post anything in the off-topic section. If this is what people want to post, I say let them go for it. Anything is better than silence.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:03 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Well said, Quasi! We welcome you Zanthius with open arms to our humble little forum! Post all you like! And now that you've had yourself a taste of the Star Control Discussion Board, you may never want to go back to UQM! Here it is *bright* and *smooth*!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:41 pm 
Hunam adventurer

The Troglodyte wrote:
Well said, Quasi! We welcome you Zanthius with open arms to our humble little forum! Post all you like! And now that you've had yourself a taste of the Star Control Discussion Board, you may never want to go back to UQM! Here it is *bright* and *smooth*!

Thank you. 8-)

You don't like the UQM forum?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:44 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Zanthius wrote:

I actually only recently became aware of its existence, and I only learned of this forum by pure happenstance, but perhaps a little back story may be in order. Yes, stories Zanthius… it’s what I do. Ask anybody.

Anyway, I bought and played the original Star Control back in the 90’s when I was still in high school, but the necessities and tribulations of life caused me to temporarily lose sight of those things for many years. I’ve always kind of been a retro-gamer, so one day I started reminiscing about my old Star Control game and decided to see if I could capture my childhood pleasure once again, so I hopped online and found a downloadable freeware emulator version, which coincidentally included the Ur-Quan Masters, which I didn’t even know about Star Control 2, so I didn’t even realize at the time that one was a remake of the original SC2, nor did I know anything about the game itself, and frankly, I thought it was going to be an expansion set of the original game and in the same format, and although I’ve always liked Star Control 1, checking out its sequel wasn’t high on my priority list.

Then I started having a little trouble getting the games to function correctly on a different computer I was using, so I did a quick search and stumbled upon this forum. I began perusing through some topics in search of an answer, but I kept noticing people constantly referring to SC2/UQM. Intrigued by this point, I continued my casual traipsing until I noticed a comment that really struck me, and I can’t even remember exactly what was said, but they basically compared Star Control 2 to Starflight. Well, Starflight to me was the ultimate in fun and adventure for me as a kid, going all the way back to jr. high when I used to get together with friends as we tried to piece together the great galactic mystery of the Ancients and disastrous wave of stellar flares, telling each other about our explorations and finding new artifacts or battling the Spemin, Gazurtoid or even the heinous Uhlek.

A flood of anticipatory emotion filled me, was this the game I had been longing for all these years? I was soon doing everything I could to get my UQM game up and running, and it wasn’t long before I was embarking on my very own grand adventure to defeat the Ur-Quan and free Earth! In fact, I am currently undertaking this fun yet daunting task RIGHT NOW, and I even relay my gameplay here in this forum in a fun, colorful and occasionally over-the-top fashion just for the sheer enjoyment of it all. After all, what fun is an adventure if you don’t have anyone to share it with? I’ve done my best to avoid any spoiler type material until I finish the game, so I’ve refrained from much exploration outside a few topic exceptions, which is why I was unaware of the UQM forum, but now since you’ve become a member of this forum, maybe you can participate in both sites? :)

UQM Forum ----> Happiness for Zanthius
UQM Forum + Star Control Discussion Board ----> Even more Happiness for Zanthius!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:26 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

I had never thought to wonder what would happen if you two met. This is a good kind of 'grab the popcorn'.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:17 pm 
Hunam adventurer

The Troglodyte wrote:
Zanthius wrote:

I actually only recently became aware of its existence, and I only learned of this forum by pure happenstance, but perhaps a little back story may be in order. Yes, stories Zanthius… it’s what I do. Ask anybody.

I am horrible with stories. I wish I was better, because apparently humans are attracted to stories.

Anyhow. I make illustrations with lots of colors. That is what I do. Ask anybody. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:43 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Zanthius wrote:
I am horrible with stories. I wish I was better, because apparently humans are attracted to stories.

Yes, we humans enjoy our stories. You’ll have to adapt some degree of storytelling or your non-human status secret will most certainly be out of the bag! ;)-smf

Zanthius wrote:
Anyhow. I make illustrations with lots of colors. That is what I do. Ask anybody. ;)

Wow! You weren’t kidding! After I heard that UQM was back up I took a gander, and one glimpse into the off-topic page shows that you have been busy indeed! It seems that most of your illustrations follow a diagram similar to a flowchart, showing the interaction of things in a progressive state. Not only does it provide a good foundation for portraying your viewpoints, but also allows for more conversation of input for those who wish to delve in a little deeper. Interesting, and I may have to borrow your technique on occasion.

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.” ― Oscar Wilde