Where are you heading?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Quasispatial wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:Hey Quasispatial! Did you do anything cool on your birthday?
Well, I didn't really do much. Was by the computer most of the day, though I'll admit that it was kind of cool how sis had bothered to hollow out a book to use as a gift box. Other than that, not much actually happened.
Did she hollow the book out Shawshank-style like Andy Dufresne? I might be *jumping in front* of conclusions here, but was your birthday gift a rock hammer by any chance?
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:07 pm

palmpet wrote:Ill be back Wednesday so my inetracion will be limited.
Uh-oh! It look like your 8 posts per day average may go down a bit! ;)
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:25 pm

2-23-6 wrote:Happy birthday anyway! It's my MURICA DAY - 5 years in the States.
"Murica", I've tried to dislike that word...but I just can't! I hope Juaquin just glances the coast up there.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:41 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:
Quasispatial wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:Hey Quasispatial! Did you do anything cool on your birthday?
Well, I didn't really do much. Was by the computer most of the day, though I'll admit that it was kind of cool how sis had bothered to hollow out a book to use as a gift box. Other than that, not much actually happened.
Did she hollow the book out Shawshank-style like Andy Dufresne? I might be *jumping in front* of conclusions here, but was your birthday gift a rock hammer by any chance?
Now that would just be *frumple*.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:47 pm

glory_device wrote:It certainly must be! Don't hesitate to share stories..Always interesting to hear about how it is to be a foreigner in a country.
The language barrier is massive. People at work have decent English, but outside not so much; and Chinese ain't such an easy language to learn. Especially if you're a lazy motherfucker. Other than that, food and drink is crazy cheap, which is sweet, but the air not so much.
Wow, having never been out of my own country, I can't even imagine what that must be like!
I've been around, but this is by far the foreignest place I've lived.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Im back from new York!
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:54 pm

What's the consensus? any highlights?

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Well we mainly went there to see bethel and we gota tour of it, we saw most of the major landmarks, we went to some nice restraunts, we got a good taste of what new York is like, I got a new character for the new game lego dimesnions, and I took a bunch of pictures if you want to see any just ask.
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:18 pm

Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Bleeding Star wrote:Other than that, food and drink is crazy cheap, which is sweet, but the air not so much.
Has your diet changed much? What kinds of food are good there? Have you tried anything new that was super gross? Sorry for the questionnaire, I'm just very fond of trying new food, and I wonder what the local cuisine is like there.