Where are you heading?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

2-23-6
Arilou wiseguy

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by 2-23-6 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Good job, Luki!

I, however, have a family life that is turning to shit now as my wife is becoming depressed. This sucks, I'd give all my wealth away to bring happiness.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:54 pm

That's quite unfortunate...I've been through a rough spot recently and all I can say is that things are best said and that getting help is not a sign of weakness no matter what perception and judgment might say. When you need help, go get it no matter what!
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:44 pm

Lukipela wrote:Home again after surgery and some complications. Feel like shit, but I guess I'm healthier now.
Good to hear it. Sounds like a hell of a procedure. Hope you're feeling much improved.
86-75-309 wrote:I, however, have a family life that is turning to shit now as my wife is becoming depressed. This sucks, I'd give all my wealth away to bring happiness.
Sucks indeed. As glory device says, getting help is not a sign of failure, but in fact a super-smart move.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Bleeding Star wrote:Sucks indeed. As glory device says, getting help is not a sign of failure, but in fact a super-smart move.
Yeah, just look at Zelnick. Don't think that things would have gone very well had "getting help" not been part of the plan.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

2-23-6
Arilou wiseguy

Post by 2-23-6 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:12 am

She sees a therapist on a regular basis now and feels much better.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:16 am

that's fortunate to hear.
As for me -- still making nothing constructive, just 'living' not really getting anywhere.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Angelfish, Rush said it so well: If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice! The only important aspect is to be happy of your current way of living and take actions accordingly if you aren't.

2-23-6: Glad to hear things are going better :)!
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm existing. I've been through a lot of ups and downs but I'm existing.

I also wanted to point out about half a year ago I made this topic that I deeply regret ever bringing up. I'm posting this here because I refuse to bump that topic. I felt it was relevant due to the connection with Stardock, but I still feel horrible for bringing it in the first place. Why? It sparked a huge discussion on the board that in the end probably didn't need to be discussed. I sympathized with the Gamergaters as a few of my close friends supported the movement and I have to say that their support of it affected my views on it.

My apology can't right the wrongs I've failed to condemn in the past, but, frankly, I just want to say I'm sorry for being an asshole. Where I am going is trying to be a better person, and to do that I first must acknowledge where I have been.
Last edited by Saria on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:25 pm

What the heck are Gamergaters?
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:28 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:What the heck are Gamergaters?
I say this with the utmost respect: please google it. I'd rather not derail this thread further into that direction. It has already been covered extensively by other sources and discussed in the thread I linked.

I felt that this was an appropriate place to post an apology since this is "where I am going" - to a place of recognizing my own wrongs - without bumping a topic that didn't need to be bumped, but if my post is going to derail this thread Into a discussion about that event then please delete my post. I refuse to be part of another problem.