Where are you heading?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Eth » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 pm

I see what you mean there. The situations are not analogous.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:30 pm

I didn't find what 2-23-6 said to be offensive at all, so no one should treat it as such ;). We've known eachother since 1999 I think, when we were both working on NetSC. I know what he meant by what he said ;).
Anyway, I'm quite happy with my life right now. I have a cool job as a developer where I create amazing things, and aside from being single my personal life is rich aswell. My contacts with friends and family are pleasant and often.
Yet still it feels like something is missing in my life. Something that makes it all worthwhile. But as of yet I still have to find what that something is. Until then, I don't know where my life is going and I don't know where I'm heading. Who knows, perhaps I'll find that special something and my life will be turned upside down from then on forward, but for now I can't say anything ;).

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Angelfish wrote:I didn't find what 2-23-6 said to be offensive at all, so no one should treat it as such ;). We've known eachother since 1999 I think, when we were both working on NetSC. I know what he meant by what he said ;).
It wasn't that I was worried that you would take offence, it was that I took offence myself.

Anyway, I'm glad your life is going well and I hope you find that special something, whatever it may be. Maybe get a pet?

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm

chenjesuwizard wrote:
Angelfish wrote:I didn't find what 2-23-6 said to be offensive at all, so no one should treat it as such ;). We've known eachother since 1999 I think, when we were both working on NetSC. I know what he meant by what he said ;).
It wasn't that I was worried that you would take offence, it was that I took offence myself.
that's stupid, because it was not meant for your ears :P.
Anyway, I'm glad your life is going well and I hope you find that special something, whatever it may be. Maybe get a pet?
I have 2 cats. Perhaps I should get rid of them, they are obviously plotting to kill me.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 am

Can we please drop the discussion of whether 2-23-6's comment was offensive? Everyone has aired their views on it, and discussed its implications. Let's not derail this thread any further. Thank you.

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:07 am

Congralatutions Lukipela! Hopefully it all goes well and the baby is healthy.

Exams, exams and more exams here. Recovered from a large septoplastic surgery almost completely now. Spending somewhere between 5 and 10 hours each day learning mathematics and the rest in mostly coding my own projects. After this year I probably don't have any mathematics classes left, which I gladly welcome. Next year: candidate thesis, a bunch of master's studies (project management and other non-sciency stuff like that) and preparation for writing a master's thesis. Oooh boy.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:21 am

Eth wrote:Can we please drop the discussion of whether 2-23-6's comment was offensive? Everyone has aired their views on it, and discussed its implications. Let's not derail this thread any further. Thank you.
Err, you participated in that very derailing of this thread by judging on comments that weren't directed at you..

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Things posted on a public forum CAN'T be 'not for your ears'.

As he said, one round was enough. Let's drop it.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Death 999 wrote:Things posted on a public forum CAN'T be 'not for your ears'.

As he said, one round was enough. Let's drop it.
So why derail the thread first and then - when the person whom the statment actually was directed to replies - suddenly start acting like a moderator, red text and all?
Sounds like the derailing was fine with him until I replied.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm

... because we're going in circles?