Where are you heading?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Death 999 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Draxas wrote:I think he meant from the beginning, before all the forum changeovers and whatnot.
Yeah, I certainly haven't been on SCDB that long.

I was on the UQMF for a long time before I came here.

2-23-6
Arilou wiseguy

Post by 2-23-6 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 am

I was around before that board post, you can see the Yehat remix on that page.

But I was after STAN and the really first generation of fans.

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:26 am

I'm heading for a possible path of heart and lung surgeries.

I had had difficulties sleeping for the entire week, then my heart started racing on Tuesday. I managed to sleep the night well, but when I woke up my heart was still racing, I felt all agitated, wearied, like throwing up, filled with energy and exhausted. This continued and I went to my local health center. After I explained the symptoms the nurses in reception looked at me for a while, then in one minute I had been wired to heart monitors, a dozen blood samples had been taken, including an artery sample. Soon I was moved to ICU in the local university hospital where I stayed until 2 AM.

What I had was a irregular heart beat. The damn muscle finally cooled down after I had been given some piles of medicine, and they didn't find anything strange in the readings after that. Upon listening my chest, all the doctors agreed that the issue is in my lungs instead. X-ray showed nothing out of the ordinary, so this Friday I will be going for ultrasonic where they probe my heart.

Not what I expected when I went in that health center. I'm 24 years old, 50 kilograms, eat healthy, exercise.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:13 am

Lame. The human body can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Good luck.

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:56 am

Wow dude, that's scary. Hope everything works out ok for you.

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Well, the ultrasonic scan from today showed that my heart is fine and dandy and working as expected. They also did an hour long experiment which made sure the rhythm also kept consistent or something like that. One interesting oddity was that as the cardiologist was looking at my heart using ultrasonic the heart was doing some weird drum rhythm. Instead of repeating in standard "bump-bump, bump-bump..." sequence it did a series of: "bump-bump, bump-bump, bumpbumpbumpbump, bump-bump..." as if playing the most primitive drum beat. That odd rhythm ended soon though.

As for what happened on Wednesday, the doctor's opinion was: Human bodies are strange. All humans may have such events once or twice in their life for no reason at all. As long this doesn't happen again the case is closed.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Good!

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:32 am

Woo! Messed-up that it happened, but at least it didn't happen for a reason.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:35 pm

If it happens again, ask for a carriable EKG. I had one of those episodes many years ago, but since I have a faulty heart anyways they took it a bit more seriously and I got a walkman sized EKG to carry around for a few days. The conclusion was the same though, just something random. Our bodies are incredibly complex, I guess we shouldn't be surprised when the system acts up a little from time to time.

Anyway, I'm heading towards fatherhood in about five months. Planned and all, but still a little scary.

Also, no longer working with oil, now doing work with a company that produces gasses from air (so Nitrogen/Oxygen/Argon and so on). Pretty interesting, and less ethically questionable.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Still on that road to nowhere over here.