Where are you heading?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

2-23-6
Arilou wiseguy

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by 2-23-6 »

Thank you all. Relying on star-control.com for moral support since 1999. Wait a sec. So who here has been the longest?
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

I thought you already had like three educations and were hard at work with building rocket modules and wallstreeting and whatnot? Why go back to school? Congrats though.

My guess is Chad has been here the longest, being the founder and all. Though if you meant been here the longest and still posts somewhat regularly I guess Eth? Either that or you and Angelfish.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

2-23-6 wrote:Thank you all. Relying on star-control.com for moral support since 1999. Wait a sec. So who here has been the longest?
Luki and Eth active from first wave, then Death 999, Kingschosen, Nuclear, Draxas, Zeracles, Gekko, Dabir, Dragon, Cedric6014 and severl more.

http://www.star-control.com/community/m ... ?sk=c&sd=a
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

I think he meant from the beginning, before all the forum changeovers and whatnot.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

I posted on the original Star Control discussion board in 1999. I wonder who can beat that ;).
http://web.archive.org/web/199908220701 ... /sc4board/
Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles »

Some talk of it here. If that really was the original you could predate Eth, who said he joined SCDB II and after numeric.
Lukipela wrote:I thought you already had like three educations and were hard at work with building rocket modules and wallstreeting and whatnot? Why go back to school? Congrats though.
He is going from profession to profession, progressively upskilling until he can earn enough to fund the Star Control sequel 8)-smf
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

Yeah, Angelfish and 2-23-6 have both got me beat, longevity-wise. I've been very steady, though. I haven't disappeared for years at a time or anything...
Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir »

I've only been here four or so years and there's been a few periods of extended lurking. Rest assured that I'm always reading along, I'm just at that point in my life where I've got nothing to contribute and I know it.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Angelfish wrote:I posted on the original Star Control discussion board in 1999. I wonder who can beat that ;).
To be fair, we should subtract 6 years from your score since you were gone between 2002 and 2008 or so ;)
Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon »

Lukipela wrote:
Angelfish wrote:I posted on the original Star Control discussion board in 1999. I wonder who can beat that ;).
To be fair, we should subtract 6 years from your score since you were gone between 2002 and 2008 or so ;)
Ah, the internet from 1999 - a simpler and more innocent time (disturbingly the 56K modem I had back then is still in active use today)