Women on this board

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Re: Women on this board

Post by Bleeding Star » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 pm

chenjesuwizard wrote:I was just thinking about how we don't have any women on this board and was wondering why?
I'm pretty sure they're all too busy writing Zelnick-ZEX slash-fic.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Man, frungylovers is really gone as well. Makes me sad.

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:37 am

This certainly was a fun topic to read, lol.

I'm minoring in gender studies for funsies and I'm a chick. I honestly think it boils down to women not being in the hobby when Star Control was "popular".

I just happen to like retro games. I love Star Control and Alpha Centauri and Sim Ant and...

thanks now I wanna go play some video games y'all suck.
Bleeding Star wrote:
chenjesuwizard wrote:I was just thinking about how we don't have any women on this board and was wondering why?
I'm pretty sure they're all too busy writing Zelnick-ZEX slash-fic.
Uhm ?? Excuse me ??

Zelnick/ZEX is plebtier compared to Talana/Fwiffo/Zelnick ot3 get w/ the times :x
( B) )

Honestly I've just been doing lots of stuff lately. I just pop in and out occasionally

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:41 am

Zelnick/ZEX is plebtier compared to Talana/Fwiffo/Zelnick ot3 get w/ the times :x
What can I say? I prefer the classics.

I enjoy the artwork when you do drop by. The slashfic, less so.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Saria wrote:This certainly was a fun topic to read, lol.
Happy to be of assistance m'lady.
*tips fedora

Shiver
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Shiver » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:36 am

Lukipela wrote:Man, frungylovers is really gone as well. Makes me sad.
You know what, I'm bored. Let's have this fight now. I assert that if Frungy Lovers had been all/mostly males, everyone would shit on them for being perverts. They would not get the occasional fond mention like you just posted, and there would not be a link to their page on the sidebar of PoNaF. Alternate reality Zarla would maybe get a pass for drawing good fan-art, but pretty much every other person from the place would be reviled. Your move.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:23 am

Eh, I don't know that I entirely agree, Shiver. I think that SC fandom is too small to have those sorts of schisms, really. I admit that it would be creepier to me if the Frungylovers were primarily men, but I tend to have a laissez-faire attitude about other peoples' kinks.

The fact is, interspecies sex was involved in at least two significant plot points in SC2.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:54 am

Shiver wrote:
Lukipela wrote:Man, frungylovers is really gone as well. Makes me sad.
You know what, I'm bored. Let's have this fight now. I assert that if Frungy Lovers had been all/mostly males, everyone would shit on them for being perverts. They would not get the occasional fond mention like you just posted, and there would not be a link to their page on the sidebar of PoNaF. Alternate reality Zarla would maybe get a pass for drawing good fan-art, but pretty much every other person from the place would be reviled. Your move.
The time has come, the walrus said
To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot.
And whether pigs have wings.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Shiver wrote:You know what, I'm bored. Let's have this fight now. I assert that if Frungy Lovers had been all/mostly males, everyone would shit on them for being perverts. They would not get the occasional fond mention like you just posted, and there would not be a link to their page on the sidebar of PoNaF. Alternate reality Zarla would maybe get a pass for drawing good fan-art, but pretty much every other person from the place would be reviled. Your move.
I don't disagree. Sexism is weird sometimes.

I agree to a certain point with Eth, the fandom tends to be pretty forgiving since it is so tiny. But sure, it'd be much more creepy and worrying the other way around and certainly it'd be harder to justify sifting through and harder to only remember the bright spots.

Shiver
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Shiver » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Lukipela wrote:I don't disagree. Sexism is weird sometimes.

I agree to a certain point with Eth, the fandom tends to be pretty forgiving since it is so tiny. But sure, it'd be much more creepy and worrying the other way around and certainly it'd be harder to justify sifting through and harder to only remember the bright spots.
Well that... wasn't much of an argument. ???-smf So much for my inflammatory post.

Eth wrote:Eh, I don't know that I entirely agree, Shiver. I think that SC fandom is too small to have those sorts of schisms, really. I admit that it would be creepier to me if the Frungylovers were primarily men, but I tend to have a laissez-faire attitude about other peoples' kinks.

The fact is, interspecies sex was involved in at least two significant plot points in SC2.
It could play out less dramatically. I'm referring to the more vibrant and contentious fan community of the previous decade though, not this one.

The Syreen are blue human female strippers. SC2's [sort of] sex scene is barely even interspecies.