Attentions Hunams

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: Attentions Hunams

Post by Draxas »

Lukipela wrote:
Nuclear wrote:So, in the possible event in which the new Star Control game is a massive hit and this forum is flooded with the inevitable 12 year olds, bronies, and trolls...
Erm, you do realise that if a new SC game takes off, the influx will probably be to a forum Stardock sets up for that, right? Why would Stardock want to use this place as their official front?
They wouldn't. Presumably, though, Stardock's game would also get people interested in "Classic" Star Control, hence the influx of new users here.

Maybe.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Bleeding Star wrote:Er, because I'm here. Duh.
So we'd be invaded every three months or so by your fan club?
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

My fans are legion. Just very very lazy.
2-23-6
Arilou wiseguy

Post by 2-23-6 »

Lukipela wrote: Now if we could find anyone that old who didn't just wander off for ten years or so and let his brother carry the torch for him, like Numbers maybe?
Let me do some digging through memory lane.
First message on netsc Yahoo Group (some kind of a different group back then, before Yahoo bought them) - 18 Apr 2000. I was posting well before then, so we could say that I've been around since late 1998-1999.

More precisely, looking at the PoNaF archive, I can place myself somewhere around mid-1999. The early 1999 has the wrong font in the news updater. So summer-September 1999 by that count.

Scott Irving is another very old person around here.

Finland was quite awesome, I bought Kalevala stuff for my wife.
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

Oh! We're reminiscing. I feel like something of a veteran, though I haven't been here quite as long as Angelfish and Numeric. I started on the old-old-old forum, but not the old-old-old-old forum. I believe that an influx of new members would do this place some good; it's too quiet lately. It doesn't bother me if they're bronies (and I'm not just saying that because I'm an employee of Hasbro, Inc); that's just how things are these days. I tried to get my eight year-old to watch that show with me, to see what it was all about, and he "no-sirred" me.

Damn, but I'm maundering.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Chad to appoint a replacement mod so I can quit enforcing the rules around here and go back to breaking them. Will my labors never cease?
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

how on earth can we expect a new influx of members when the site itself is almost never updated?
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial »

Perhaps we can make ourselves more, well, active once that new Star Control game comes out, see if anyone pops up (provided that the game is not a commercial failure.)
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

Eth wrote: I tried to get my eight year-old to watch that show with me, to see what it was all about, and he "no-sirred" me.
At least get him to watch Teen Titans or something he'll actually look back on memorably when he's older. A little bit of South Park here and there wouldn't hurt either :)-smf
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Nuclear wrote:
Eth wrote: I tried to get my eight year-old to watch that show with me, to see what it was all about, and he "no-sirred" me.
At least get him to watch Teen Titans or something he'll actually look back on memorably when he's older. A little bit of South Park here and there wouldn't hurt either :)-smf
I'm sure terrance and philip have a thing or two to teach to an eight year-old!
2-23-6
Arilou wiseguy

Post by 2-23-6 »

In other news, my gross yearly income has now surpassed $230k/year. That puts me in the top 5%, but not quite in the top 1% yet. Once my new hedge fund launches, I'm hoping to crawl across the $500k/year line by the time I'm 30. That'll put me in the top 0.5%. The bar just keeps climbing higher after that, 1.1mm for top 0.1, 5.35mm for top 0.01. Fuck, I'm poor.