Attentions Hunams

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Attentions Hunams

Post by Nuclear »

Luki, I was remembering when I first joined the forum back on the old software, where you got to witness my attempt at friend making that was... cringe worthy at best. Those were good times. Getting banned for posting too much takes quite a bit of effort, when you're not a spam bot. Hehe, you were like a father figure for me at the time. I'm not sure if I've been around long enough to be considered a "veteran". Such a title has to be bestowed by user who's been around longer.
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Lukipela wrote:
Nuclear wrote:Nice to see good 'ol Zeracles is still posting. You're like a vestige of the golden age of this board, for me. It'd be a shame if you dropped left and right like a bunch of the other veterans.
Veterans? Veterans, why that young whippersnapper has hardly been here a decade yet! Kids these days!
Yeah, I started posting here in 1999. Who can beat that? :P
http://web.archive.org/web/200004160053 ... /5029.html
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

Wow, that old board reeks of crystal pepsi and that odd 90's smell you find in old video game manuals. God damn you're ancient, Angelfish
Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles »

Lukipela wrote:Veterans? Veterans, why that young whippersnapper has hardly been here a decade yet! Kids these days!
That is so refreshing to the ears of one who has just turned 30 :D

As it is when people who don't know how old I really am call me ``young man" or ``son". I wonder when I'll start to look the part.
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Angelfish wrote:Yeah, I started posting here in 1999. Who can beat that? :P
http://web.archive.org/web/200004160053 ... /5029.html
Now if we could find anyone that old who didn't just wander off for ten years or so and let his brother carry the torch for him, like Numbers maybe?. I mean, I started playing chess over 20 years ago, but I'm not going to call myself a "veteran chess" player since I didn't play actively for 18 years in the middle.
Zeracles wrote:
Lukipela wrote:Veterans? Veterans, why that young whippersnapper has hardly been here a decade yet! Kids these days!
That is so refreshing to the ears of one who has just turned 30 :D

As it is when people who don't know how old I really am call me ``young man" or ``son". I wonder when I'll start to look the part.
Pfft, I remember when I was thirty. those were the days. Now I'm a bitter dried out old husk.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Nuclear wrote:So, in the possible event in which the new Star Control game is a massive hit and this forum is flooded with the inevitable 12 year olds, bronies, and trolls...
Now I'm envisioning a SC fan club composed of ponies with assorted Star Control cutie marks.
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

This board will never be truly dead until a popular "My Little Pony" or "furry" themed thread takes off. An atomic bomb or zombie apocalypse can't kill off a forum faster than an annoying crossover fandom can.
glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device »

You guys....creep me out :P my little pony...Really? That's scary stuff!
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Nuclear wrote:So, in the possible event in which the new Star Control game is a massive hit and this forum is flooded with the inevitable 12 year olds, bronies, and trolls...
Erm, you do realise that if a new SC game takes off, the influx will probably be to a forum Stardock sets up for that, right? Why would Stardock want to use this place as their official front?
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

Death 999 wrote:Now I'm envisioning a SC fan club composed of ponies with assorted Star Control cutie marks.
Ugh. Why did you have to put that image in my head?
Lukipela wrote:Erm, you do realise that if a new SC game takes off, the influx will probably be to a forum Stardock sets up for that, right? Why would Stardock want to use this place as their official front?
Er, because I'm here. Duh.