Attentions Hunams

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Attentions Hunams

Post by Quasispatial »

Maloo Oture wrote:I think we're all still alive, but there's nothing going on here.
Well, from that I'd conclude that the posts slowed down because nothing is being posted anymore.

If we could just get to posting a bit more, and generate a few more events or something, maybe people would also grow active as we go along? Could be worth a shot.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Quasispatial wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:I think we're all still alive, but there's nothing going on here.
Well, from that I'd conclude that the posts slowed down because nothing is being posted anymore.

If we could just get to posting a bit more, and generate a few more events or something, maybe people would also grow active as we go along? Could be worth a shot.
Sure, just post more yourself and we'll see where this goes!
I expect atleast 5 posts a week from you, then I'll do the same. OK?
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Angelfish wrote:
Quasispatial wrote:

Ditto.

1/5
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial »

Angelfish wrote:
Quasispatial wrote:

Well, obviously I won't be posting that much if nobody else does the same, 'cause what's the point of saying stuff if nobody's listening.. Making this topic REALLY alive would work, though, so if we just start a casual conversation here (it's in the off topic section after all) there might be sufficient reason to do something. I have no idea what to say, though...

Let's start with this: You ever read the Inifinite War series, based on Supreme Commander? It's great, but with its total of thirteen books it's not short by any stretch of the imagination.

On another note, maybe starting a new *Heavy space* rp would be something for me to consider... I'm already in one, but after I returned from my latest hibernation cycle it seems that the GameMaster has gone into such a hibernation cycle...
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

nope, but I really liked the storyline behind supreme commander.. it would be a good idea to read these series. but I never have enough calmness in my head to sit down and read.
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial »

It's only, um... well the first five totalled in 250k words, so the thirteen must be about six, seven hundred thousand in total?
If you have trouble sitting still, reading through it might prove a challenge, but listening to some music in the background might help alleviate your restless-ness.

Oh, and by the way, up for a round of SupCom:FA vs AI sometime?

Also, whilst I'm constantly editing this post to put in more PS-es, I have posted more than five times this week now, so you'll have to keep up on your end of the bargain.

Now I'm just going to edit in my concerns whether or not posting that last PS was a good idea...

After which the whole posts dissolves into a mass of PS-es, making it look like some sort of bad Umgah joke. So I'd better stop doing this before such a thing happens.

(A few hours later): Hey, just got an idea. A *Heavy space* game with the player being stuck in a quarantined city (or World, the CHMMR could surely use the slave shield technology they no doubt acquired when busting their own, in order to quarantine a contaminated planet) - the first multi-species one, to be exact, which would allow for the presence of many races trying to survive in their own way. Guess you'd be stuck there, trying to survive whilst simultaneously trying to either get out, find a cure or discover the source of the disease that caused the quarantine in the first place... Is this even a good idea, or is it just REALLY crappy...?
Ah, I guess I might as well make some sort of prototype, perhaps base some of the structural framework on an older *game* I made once, and then post the OOC-thread to measure interest - see if anyone would be up for it... Maybe, we'll see if I get it done or not.
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

This forum explodes with activity whenever there's an update to Star Control HD, Project 6014, or even the UQM source, in the possible event that all the planets line up in a parabolic arc during a leap year on a Friday the 13th. Perhaps a progress report on the Star Control 1 remake would stimulate some vivacity? Until that day arrives however, the forum shall remain mostly catatonic. It's sad, but this is nothing new to us. The community is by no means dead though, remember that.

*Continues Hibernation*
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

yeah we're not dead, we're just ignoring you ;)
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Also, we're still far more active than most game communities that came out 20 years ago, even at our points of lowest activity.
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial »

chenjesuwizard wrote:Also, we're still far more active than most game communities that came out 20 years ago, even at our points of lowest activity.
Clearly, activeness depends on what you compare it with.

Other old, retro games - yes, the place is active.

Compared to new releases, though... not so much.