Former Putin Advisor Warns: Finland, Sooner Or Later

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Re: Former Putin Advisor Warns: Finland, Sooner Or Later

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Draxas wrote:Just because you're not violent doesn't mean you're not perpetuating hateful stereotypes. How is this any better?
^this
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Draxas wrote:Just because you're not violent doesn't mean you're not perpetuating hateful stereotypes. How is this any better?
This is better because I don't think they should die or be evicted from their homes or live in poverty because of my hateful stereotyping.
Besides, I don't think you know what zionism means... Hate is what defines it. So it's far from a stereotype.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Angelfish wrote:
This is better because I don't think they should die or be evicted from their homes or live in poverty because of my hateful stereotyping.
Besides, I don't think you know what zionism means... Hate is what defines it. So it's far from a stereotype.
I'll admit my knowledge of Zionism is limited, but I believed it was, at it's core, the belief in the establishment of a permanent Jewish state. This isn't a group defined by hate? Therefore, whatever your opinion on the Gaza strip, you are still defining a movement by stereotypes which are untruthful.

And on a wider note, though hateful stereotypes are not, in that moment, as bad in terms of their immediate effect; they still add to an institutionalised prejudice against said group.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

chenjesuwizard wrote:
Angelfish wrote:
I'll admit my knowledge of Zionism is limited, but I believed it was, at it's core, the belief in the establishment of a permanent Jewish state. This isn't a group defined by hate? Therefore, whatever your opinion on the Gaza strip, you are still defining a movement by stereotypes which are untruthful.

And on a wider note, though hateful stereotypes are not, in that moment, as bad in terms of their immediate effect; they still add to an institutionalised prejudice against said group.
yeah i'm sorry for hating zionists. could we please move on to telling them that they are wrong?
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture »

All religions are wrong. There is no god. Just life and the universe. Fighting over why it's here, or how, is really very stupid.

Also, To re-rail the topic, What would the consequences be if Russia DID invade other neighboring countries? I mean, obviously, if they're NATO allies, war would break out...
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Maloo Oture wrote:All religions are wrong. There is no god. Just life and the universe. Fighting over why it's here, or how, is really very stupid.

Also, To re-rail the topic, What would the consequences be if Russia DID invade other neighboring countries? I mean, obviously, if they're NATO allies, war would break out...
Scorched earth.
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial »

And then, the 'small war' - Europe style appeared...
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Quasispatial wrote:And then, the 'small war' - Europe style appeared...
Humanity has moved far beyond that. Peace is no longer a realistic option. This will be Total Annihilation.
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture »

It would suck to be in the ISS when that goes down. You would be the only surviving, healthy humans, and you would have nothing to come back to...

Depressing.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Maloo Oture wrote:It would suck to be in the ISS when that goes down. You would be the only surviving, healthy humans, and you would have nothing to come back to...

Depressing.
The ISS has russians and americans on it. It undoubtedly has some military value. I doubt it will stay in orbit when shit gets down.