Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Broken Worlds OOC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:26 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Okay, time for a small adventure. This is somewhere halfway between SC:BEL and Oddyssee, which means I need players. 2-4 preferrably. You'll each get a character bio per PM, I'll put you in the world, and you have a certain amount of time to do what needs to be done. I'm not sure the forum can support this anymore, but let's see.

You'll need to be able to post about once every second day to make decisions independently or as a group.

There will not be any stats like in oddyssee or ABKS. I'll have some informal health indicators but mostly what you in your head is what you work with. You'll be thrown into a live enviroment with NPC's and tasks so I don't want to reveal too much beforehand, but essentially you are up shit creek and you'll need to paddle together to figure out where you are and then choose where it is you want to go. The world is borken and you probably can't fix it, but you can make things better or worse for... everyone.

I'd assume we play until Christmas or February, but I'm notedly crap at timing this stuff, so we'll see.

Roles - Heavy lifting and brusing
- Brains of the outfit
- Chaos dispenser
- Real fast

Any of these sound like something you can do? In that case don't hesitate to post/PM and I'll get you set up!

Don't want to play but still want to participate? Things change every now and then and the onlookers will be able to vote on how. So stay tuned for your chance to make things easier or harder for our guys/gals!

Last edited by Lukipela on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Weird World Role Call!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

I'll be glad to play of course :) Heavy lifting/bruising sounds fun to me but if someone else wants that I'll take any role.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

I would like to join. Chaos Dispenser sounds Fun.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm 
Atum-ta the Sixth

I'm always down for a Luki RPG. Count me in as the strategist.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Excellent. That's three team members already! I'll start PM'ing out your backgrounds so you know a bit about who you are and what's expected of you. Once I know if we have a speedster I'll also PM your starting places.

A few notes for when the game begins.

- Only you initally know your bakground, who you are, where you are from and so on. You choose how much of it to share, truthfully or not. You may need to cooperate to solve some tasks, but you don't have to function as a team.
- In your character description is also some lose values for your personality. When posting in the game thread, it's up to you if you want to post in character or mostly out of character. But you regardless of your posting style, your actions need to somewhat adhere to your personality, if you get what I'm saying. If say one of you has a problem with authority, you shouldn't just agree to do everything someone else says for instance.
- This game is very sandboxy in that you can try to do anything and everything. Think outside the box as much as you want, that just makes it more fun!
- After the first post I'll be narrating and answering questions. I'll also arbitrate any conflicts between you if it comes to that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:26 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

I'd like to participate. I'd be fine as an onlooker/voter but if no one else pipes up I'll be "real fast".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:49 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Okay, I've PMed out the first three bios. I'll hit Dyandod up tomorrow and then on Thursday we'll be ready to start playing. This can either be a disaster or a lot of fun, so it'll be exciting to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:03 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

If someone drops out, I can definitely take over their spot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:01 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Okay Dyandod, crunch time. You post seems to indicate that you'll play only if no one else wants to. You posted first so the pais yours if you want it, but I don't want a player who is just there because he thought the spot would be empty otherwise Do you want to play, or do I send the final Bio to D999?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

I'll play!