Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: STAR CONTROL INSPIRED GAME!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:36 am 
ZEXy Beast

Hi, there.
I am informing all of you star control fans of my newest project! Me and some friends are building a game similar to the star control 2 engine. I wrote a story and we are making it into the game. Please take a look if you want another star control type game.
Site:
http://unchartedworlds.webs.com/
Hyperspace theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM2VmliHIAI
DEMO ON SITE NOW!
People want too see that we are actually working on this project so here is an extremely simple ship movement and planet gravity demo. We just started making the engine a couple days ago so of course not much has been done, YET.

Last edited by ClankyTheGorn on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: STAR CONTROL INSPIRED GAME!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

Sounds interesting!

...Though I'd suggest you don't post the story yet, it would probably be more fun to figure out the story while playing the game, then just reading off the website.

The Hyperspace theme is catchy!

Wish you luck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:59 am 
ZEXy Beast

Dyandod wrote:
Sounds interesting!

...Though I'd suggest you don't post the story yet, it would probably be more fun to figure out the story while playing the game, then just reading off the website.

The Hyperspace theme is catchy!

Wish you luck!

Good advice. I hope to show some videos soon. We are working on the combat first. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:58 am 
Slylandro gasbags

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 am 
It is light

I'm on my phone so I'm guessing that I miss a lot by just visiting the site, where I can see just one picture and some references to no coding being complete. The one picture looks nice, I'll check out the videos when I come home. Have you been at this long? Are you planning a demo? What does the engine look like? Or is all that on youtube?

You are totally and utterly in the wrong subforum though, how on Earth did you miss the Mods, Clones and Fan projects subforum and end up in the roleplaying and fan fiction forum? Anyway, I reported it to the mods so they'll probably move it within a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:09 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

Lukipela wrote:
You are totally and utterly in the wrong subforum though, how on Earth did you miss the Mods, Clones and Fan projects subforum and end up in the roleplaying and fan fiction forum? Anyway, I reported it to the mods so they'll probably move it within a few days.

You're not a mod anymore...

Woah- I missed that completely...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:09 am 
ZEXy Beast

Lukipela wrote:
I'm on my phone so I'm guessing that I miss a lot by just visiting the site, where I can see just one picture and some references to no coding being complete. The one picture looks nice, I'll check out the videos when I come home. Have you been at this long? Are you planning a demo? What does the engine look like? Or is all that on youtube?

Thanks for that, I am new to this site.
Also as for the videos and demo. This project started as a wiki/story I wrote and I wanted to make it a star control type game. We started working on it and so far we have some of the combat down (planet, gravity, ship movement, shooting, asteroids, etc.) I will try and post some videos on the site and youtube.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 am 
ZEXy Beast

DEMO ON SITE NOW!
People want too see that we are actually working on this project so here is an extremely simple ship movement and planet gravity demo. We just started making the engine a couple days ago so of course not much has been done, YET.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

nice!