Serious Bznss OOC

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Re: Serious Bznss OOC

Post by BaVB » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 am

I love it, now make more. :D-smf

Yeepeep
Hunam adventurer

Post by Yeepeep » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 am

The second chapter is up as the story unfolds!

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:22 am

I'm so confused!

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I think the key to this is to imagine that just about everything the Chenjesu told the humans at the beginning of SC1 is a lie.

That said, the Thraddash do appear to be already aware of the Humans, which throws a big monkey wrench into things. Maybe this is just bizarro world.

(Yeepeep, you misspelled 'vicious')

Yeepeep
Hunam adventurer

Post by Yeepeep » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:55 pm

Maloo Oture wrote:I'm so confused!
Good! It's working kind of as intended :mrgreen: The idea is to put some parts of the SC1 story under scrutiny, after all it does kind of seem fishy here and there. I just thought that it's kind of suspicious that one fine day these omni-potent super-ancient aliens show up on our doorsteps asking the primitive monkeys for help in a Galactic-scale war with another uber-advanced species. And we just jumped on the band wagon like that, no questions asked?

In short, this pretty much sums it up:
Death 999 wrote:I think the key to this is to imagine that just about everything the Chenjesu told the humans at the beginning of SC1 is a lie.
It's not technically a lie, more like a...sparing the truth 8-)
Death 999 wrote: That said, the Thraddash do appear to be already aware of the Humans, which throws a big monkey wrench into things. Maybe this is just bizarro world.

(Yeepeep, you misspelled 'vicious')
Many races have been aware of us (most notably the Arilou and Chenjesu) way before we have been contacted. As a pre-spaceflight species we do tend to be the topic of discussion (and speculation) among the Greater Galactic Community on and off, depending on what's trendy at the time. Interestingly, there is a very strict set of rules and regulations (signed by most of its members, with the exception of you guess who) against meddling with the affairs of under-developed species. Forceful awareness is forbidden unless absolutely necessary (a concept which can be, unfortunately, misinterpreted). Uplifting is, to put it simply, banned...

Thanks for the spell check, Death 999. Funny thing is the automatic check initially corrected it to "viscous" :lol:

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:24 am

So the Yehat broke the rules big time?

Yeepeep
Hunam adventurer

Post by Yeepeep » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Death 999 wrote:So the Yehat broke the rules big time?
Yep, but they were "strongly advised" to. Complaints about their actions were first vetoed and later lost in bureaucratic bickering. Naturally, they all became irrelevant after the beginning of the 2110 war.

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:49 am

Is Fleet Group North a Second World War reference (after the Wehrmacht formation)? The cold account of proceedings in the last bit reminds me of war directives from that era (example) too. Or I'm reading too much into it.
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

Yeepeep
Hunam adventurer

Post by Yeepeep » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Zeracles wrote:Is Fleet Group North a Second World War reference (after the Wehrmacht formation)? The cold account of proceedings in the last bit reminds me of war directives from that era (example) too. Or I'm reading too much into it.
Not really. As I see the Chenjesu as nothing more but "natural computers" I want to somewhat depict them as uber-smart but emotionless calculators. 8-)

Short update is online, putting the Kohr-Ah in the game.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:35 pm

'Global' is an odd choice for an organization spanning more than one planet. Also, you misspelled Mmrnmhrm.