Serious Bznss OOC

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Yeepeep
Hunam adventurer

Serious Bznss OOC

Post by Yeepeep »

Hi all, long time SC connoisseur, forum lurker and wanna-be fanfic writer.

The idea behind this may be a bit too unorthodox but it's been haunting me to write it ever since I read the Last Ringbearer. Basically it's telling the story from the point of view of the other side, namely what happened between the start of the Alliance vs Hierarchy war and the somewhere around the end of the SC2 game. To do this I need to (sometimes significantly) modify certain things from the SC2 universe (and add new ones), like for example specific events or even the physical appearance and size of some species.

As the saying goes, I do have a general idea of what the overall plot is (I promise:-) but it'll probably evolve along the way both because of me being unhappy with it and of readers' feedback, of course. So, without further ado, bear with me and definitely let me know if I should just give up and shove it up, well, somewhere or other. :mrgreen:
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Serious Bznss OOC

Post by Lukipela »

Well this is definitely different.. And interesting. Looking forward to the next piece.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

"throwing the Umgah off her chair for the fifth time in a row"

hmm, I never thought of the Umgah as having different sexes :). I always thought that they were hemaphrodites if they choose to modify themselves in such a way :).

More here.
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=8&t=563
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

So far, this is one of the stranger bits of SC fanfic I've ever read, and it's only a few paragraphs long. I am very curious where you plan to take this.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

what is this i dont even

I mean, how is this supposed to be between SC1 and SC2 if there are Kohr-Ah around? And that's the strangest-mannered Ur-Quan I've ever seen. Partymaster 12, is he?
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

huh, where did the kohr-ah come from? They were created 20000 years ago so they had to be around even before SC1.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

By 'around' I meant something to do with location, not mere existence.
Yeepeep
Hunam adventurer

Post by Yeepeep »

Thanks for reading and for the comments guys.

As mentioned, this is sort of an alternative history where things are modified to some degree.
hmm, I never thought of the Umgah as having different sexes :). I always thought that they were hemaphrodites if they choose to modify themselves in such a way :)
I see them as the most advanced bio-oriented species, capable of significantly modifying their (or others) bodies. As my perception of sex is, of course, Earth-b(i)ased and it is the only one understandable to all of us, I have to play along with it.
So far, this is one of the stranger bits of SC fanfic I've ever read, and it's only a few paragraphs long. I am very curious where you plan to take this.
I'm afraid it will become even more unorthodox along the way :mrgreen:
By 'around' I meant something to do with location, not mere existence.
This was loosely based on the preconception that, well, all these races were out there during SC1, even though we didn't know about them. Besides, the Kohr-Ah are not what you think they are ;)

Again, thanks for reading! There should be another chapter coming by the end of the week.

EDIT: I just realized I was using the wrong date. The story begins in 2110, the year when supposedly "the Chenjesu-Mrmhmmr defeated an initial assault by the Hierarchy".
Last edited by Yeepeep on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Well, his mentioned inspiration is an interesting Russian story that turns lord of the Rings on it's head, casting Mordor as the good party. In the progress, it changes a lot of the characters, what they are, what they do and casts the "official story" as propaganda. I'd assume in this case, it means that the Alliance races are going to backstab everyone else and then cast them as villains. Much as Mordor was a peaceful, high tech society, perhaps the Kohr-Ah were industrious worker-nomads who arrived much earlier than official history claims.

EDIT: Damn, you posted before me :) anyway, looking forward to the next chapter.
Last edited by Lukipela on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Another post appeared!
Yeepeep
Hunam adventurer

Post by Yeepeep »

Lukipela wrote:Well, his mentioned inspiration is an interesting Russian story that turns lord of the Rings on it's head, casting Mordor as the good party. In the progress, it changes a lot of the characters, what they are, what they do and casts the "official story" as propaganda. I'd assume in this case, it means that the Alliance races are going to backstab everyone else and then cast them as villains. Much as Mordor was a peaceful, high tech society, perhaps the Kohr-Ah were industrious worker-nomads who arrived much earlier than official history claims.

EDIT: Damn, you posted before me :) anyway, looking forward to the next chapter.
It's a pretty good story actually, I highly recommend it. But back on topic, yeah, something like that. 8-) Here's some taste of what's coming:

=============================================================================================
"In the meantime, you guys do what you do best -- let all hell loose and "nuke yourselves back into the stone age". We may have to keep a low profile for the time being as well, but darn it man, we have to come back. There are no other options, you agree?"

The nicotine-deprived Traddash nodded absent-mindedly.
=============================================================================================