The Grand Council Revival

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: The Grand Council Revival

Post by oldlaptop » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:41 pm

The Speaker seems quite... agitated. The telepathic voice speaks:

"Androsynth delegate, we strongly urge you to avoid all contact with the Orz. The only reason you all are not already dead is that the Orz is primarily concerned with... other matters. However, nothing would be so effective in fixing its attention on TrueSpace as the revelation that the Androsynth still exist. Also, we strongly encourage any fleets making use of QuasiSpace to use Arilou-fitted Portal Spawners. The Androsynth technology is relatively... untested, and we fear that it may fail, with potentially dire consequences for the ship carrying it.

Chmmr representative, do not listen to the Orz. It has been known to employ... deceptive tatctics on occasion, and is merely attempting to buy time to... *push**hands* through its portal in Vulpeculae. Do not be swayed by its lies - the Orz base in Vulpeculae must be annihilated, and its portal at Alpha Vulpeculae sealed, before it can do anything more there. As to communications with the Utwig and Supox, we repeat that our communication relay network is already fully functional. Simply send any message to one of the Arilou Skiffs stationed around your homeworld (or this planet), and we will ensure it reaches its destination.

Chenjesu delegate, please do not flee your stars. Abandoning Kreuger to the Orz would be a most... foolish action. If you leave, the Orz will simply take the opportunity to *push* incomprehensibly large numbers of *fingers* into TrueSpace through its portal in Kreuger, and overrun this entire universe. Upon arrival of the first Alliance forces, we plan to launch an assault upon the Orz in QuasiSpace, which hopefully will... distract it enough for the Alliance fleet to prevail.

For the information of the Council: The Ariloulaleelay are establishing mining outposts in the Chandrasekhar, Circini, and Sagittae constellations. Our military has been put under severe strain by... recent events, and we require additional mineral resources to maintain our coming offensive against the Orz, as well as the communication relay network. If any in the Council object to this, they should make themselves heard now."
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:55 am

We trust your judgement Arilou, we shall not move, though we will be sending some important government officials to a secret location.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:39 am

After about ten minutes, Ahnd stands again.

"I have just read about a development that may aid our war effort on both fronts. Back at Home, Nuhx and his team have successfully mimicked the communication disruption. With this, we can turn it back on the Orz and then use it on the Ur-Quan. When either race changes their frequencies, we can compensate. With our unique communications systems we should easily be able to find the new frequencies."

"Report from the Core. The Kohr-Ah fleet has just entered our space. Simulations show our Arks victorious in most encounters. Our hyper-wave tele-scramblers give us the advantage. However, our numbers are small while the Kohr-Ah still have a substantial fleet. This will be the second attack in the course of three days on Home. We can't keep this up alone. The Chmmr force is still four days from Home. The remaining Eluders are retreating back to Spathiwa."

"My prince offers this tactical maneuver; we will shut down all hyper-wave systems and the Kohr-Ah will pass through our space, thinking that the Druuge were the source of the broadcasts. My prince doesn't wish to have the Druuge destroyed but at least it will buy us some time. If this proposal is accepted, we will have eleven days before the Kohr-Ah reach the Druuge. We will have had to find a way to stop them before that time is up."

"I know this plan is risky and I don't think wise. I have to disagree with my Prince on this one. The vote was sent to this council for the rest of you to decide, though, not me."

"Also, at this time, our new hyper-wave frequency has been confirmed to reach past all New Alliance races' home-worlds. The system is ready for utilization. I recommend the Skiffs posted throughout the sector return for the fight."

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:48 am

The Arilou Speaker turns towards Ahnd. The telepathic voice speaks:

"We are pleased that you have broken the Orz disruption. If the Skiffs are needed, they will be withdrawn. For the moment, they will remain, in case other... problems with communication occur."
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 am

What?! The Eluders should have stayed! They are doing quite well against the Kohr-Ah...
Ambassador Ahnd, do you need additional Eluders around your Home? I could order some of the Coreward front's remaining ships there.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Post by BaVB » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:44 pm

(Pkunk)The Orz have successfully been destroyed against our sphere of influence, we are expecting for them to be punished, or at least the Yehat are.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:18 pm

"Fwarrin, I think it is time to accept the truth that we, the Burvixese, are going to be exterminated. We have tried and failed as a race in the galaxy. We have already begun preparations. I see no point in sacrificing your people for the doom of mine."

Ahnd wipes a growing tear away from his eye. His limbs had already begun to retract into what seemed to be a shell. Then he recovers and reads his data-pad. An even more solemn look overcomes him. He is hardly able to speak...

"T- Th-... The Druuge... Their entire sphere... Every single one of them... Toward US... We stand no chance..."

Ahnd turns and leaves the room.

After ten minutes, the Ark that had been orbiting the planet entered into hyper-space.

*Incoming Message Via Hyper-Wave Channel 11.5*

"I'm sorry. I can be of no use here. I will continue to send Core reports for as long as I can. Ahnd out."

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Ahnd! Shield-up. The Druuge do not have enough high-energy resources. Hide your Arcs, they'll be of no use under the shield. The Druuge will claim your stars, but your race will survive. At least till Kohr-Ah will come, but than you'd have nothing more to loose. You've escaped once, perhaps will succeed again. Maybe you could let the Kohr-Ah deal with the Druuge, then, with Quasi-space drives I'm sure Arilou would help you with, on the ready, drop the shield, jump to green void and hope to loose pursuit in there. Again, you don't have a lot of options here.
Good luck!
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:49 pm

The Speaker seems elated at the Pkunk's news, but it is saddend when the Burvixese speaks. As the Speaker connects a telepathy-to-Hyperwave device to its console and sets it to Channel 11.5, the telepathic voice rings out:

"Pkunk, this is very good news. We must warn your brethren to stay away from Alpha Vulpeculae, which currently contains a portal to the Orz home *time*. A Skiff will arrive very soon to seal this portal, and after this is completed, we strongly urge that the Yehat and Pkhat fleets be sent to Chenjesu space.

Androsynth delegate, when the portal is sealed it should be safe for your people to return to Vulpeculae. Please do not go further, lest the Orz *smell* you from Chenjesu space.

Ahnd, we are disturbed by recent reports from your homeworld. While we cannot provide you with combat ships, hopefully this information will be of use to you: The Kohr-Ah have diverted a significant portion of their fleet directly towards the Druuge war armada. While it is likely that the Druuge will overcome this task force, they may well divert this force to an attack against the Kohr-Ah fleet. We will keep the Council appraised of any tactical information of importance on the Coreward Front."
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:04 am

*Incoming Message Via Hyper-Wave Channel 11.5*

"Greetings! This is Ahnd! The impossible has happened! The Arilou are right. The Druuge HAVE diverted their attention to the Kohr-Ah. Shortly after, the Druuge sent us a message on our secure frequency telling us that they will defend us. Their entire fleet has left their space for that very purpose. The only catch is that they want Home when the battle is over. We are going to fight along side them. Once the conflict has ended, we will need support against the Druuge. The Kohr-Ah will fall at our hands."