'Mafia' game thread

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

'Mafia' game thread

Post by Death 999 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:30 pm

This is the game thread for the game described here.

~~~~

The Alliance task force was limping back through the protostellar disk after a particularly nasty assault on a Hierarchy base that had been hidden within it, intercepting Alliance communications and cracking their codes.

Ensign Brown slammed the computer. "Insane. These sensor readings are nonsense."

He glowered at the radio operator, one of the few other survivors of the VUX counterattack. "Any luck contacting the others?"

"Well, sort of, sir. I'm not even sure which ship is which, frankly. And with this muck around, I don't think anyone else is doing better."

"You don't have ID? What about the beacons?"

"We went to beacons based on quantum cryptography. Doesn't work with this much noise."

"This is silly. Get on the horn and say who we are, ask who everyone else is."

"All right, sir. Fleet, this is the cruiser Madagascar, requesting other IDs."

"Madagascar, we copy. This is the penetrator..."

Boom. Boom.

The two ships were momentarily debris. Something was not right in the fleet.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: 'Mafia' game thread

Post by Death 999 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:11 pm

A player has deleted a post. I know who it is. DO NOT DO THIS. The rule against editing naturally also applies to deletion.

You have all been warned. Further breaches will result in annihilation with prejudice.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Tue May 11, 2010 10:15 pm

I have deleted my post because after I posted, noticed a change in the intro, making my post incorrect. Sorry about that.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:16 pm

It looked valid to me. But I figured it had to be something like that, which is why I didn't annigilate you.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Tue May 11, 2010 10:53 pm

This is captain Alvarin from MY ship. Looks like Hierarchy got us good and with this sensory phenomenon we wouln't know who is who. Cruiser and Penetrator destroyed, I really don't want to continue the ID report.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed May 12, 2010 11:20 am

Captain Lukipela here. I agree with Captain Alvarin, it seems we have some dishonourable craven hierarchy ships among us. We need to figure out how to expose these cowards for what they are. They are probably listening in right now, does any one have any suggestions?

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Captain Dabir checking in. I know one thing for sure, we've gotta get these sneakin' worms good if we want to make it through this. I've got good people and I'm sure as hell not gonna lose them today.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Wed May 12, 2010 3:55 pm

The best option would be to reverse course, if the comm-effect is localized and haven't damaged the sensors we would have our adversaries in the open. But there will be much more of them.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Wed May 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Captain Draxas, checking in. Reversing course would be unwise, as this would lead us back into the teeth of the Hierarchy fleet. Best to press onward, and try to root out the traitors ourselves. If we can reach the end of this sensor dampening field, we should be out of hostile space and easily able to root out the attackers. Until then, let us press onward, and eliminate the menace ourselves.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed May 12, 2010 4:50 pm

I agree with Captain Draxas, reversing our course would probably land us smack middle in a larger group of enemies. I find the very suggestion suspicious, much like something a spy among us would suggest.

Captain Draxas, how do you propose we eliminate this problem ourselves? Do you have a suggestion on how to identify the cowardly traitors among us?