StarControl WinkMurderGame probe thread

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

StarControl WinkMurderGame probe thread

Post by Alvarin »

Hello all!
First- clarification: this game is NOT to compete with Death999' game, it will or will not be held AFTER his game is completed. I just want players ophinion if it would stand a chance in THIS forum (I know it works generally as I participated in 7 of them)

The game is pretty much roleplay. Location and situation are selected and specific roles distributed. If applicable, each participant writes short description of what (s)he is doing in game. The organizer secretly (via PM) nominates a killer (if s/he agrees, of course. if not- choose another till agreed)

The game progresses as each participant posts his/her actions in the game thread, up to 3 posts a day, with at least two other participants in between posts. Do not change action/location of other players! You can call someone with you and let him/her descide to follow or not, you can't write something along lines of "We both went to... and done...".
The killer plays as everybody else, posting actions and movement and, in addition, kills off participants. The killing is done by PM from the killer to the victim. In the PM the killer writes how exactly he killed the victim. Upon receiving this murder message, the now-dead participant posts his death post, either copying the PM, if written correctly, or adjusting it to be from his/her point of view, leaving the details provided by the murderer, BUT NOT REVEALING IDENTITY.
Each of the players (including killer himself) can accuse ONCE any other player of being the killer. The accusation must have reason, not just "you are Ilwrath, therefore you must be killer" even if it IS correct guess. If the accusation was proper, the game ends, if not- the game continues, but the one accused will not be able to do so again. If killer successfully manages to kill all but 2 others, without being guessed, he is victorious.
The murders should be logical, like you can't murder someone in the company of several other players. When killing, the killer is allowed some manuever room across him, doesn't need to be precisely at same location as victim, but again, be logical, one can't be on other side of Location. The kill is not mandatory once a day, but don't take longer than two between killings, or the game will never end. In the case of many participants (up to 25 at times) the murderer was allowed up to 3 kills a day, but with Death999's thread level of interest I don't think this game will have more than 7~8 players, so only one kill a day.
The game would be possible only with 5~6 players or more. If less, it would be too easy to guess the killer and the game will not happen.

So, what do you guys think? Is this game a go?
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: StarControl WinkMurderGame probe thread

Post by Lukipela »

Up to 3 posts a day sounds a bit challenging to me really. Although the game idea is intriguing in itself, it'd be fun to try.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

Lukipela wrote:Up to 3 posts a day sounds a bit challenging to me really. Although the game idea is intriguing in itself, it'd be fun to try.
Well, yeah, this forum is somewhat slower then the one I picked this game from, there it was LIMITED to 3 maximum, people were trying to squeeze in much more :)
The pace of SCDB could be the main problem in this game, but everything can be "stretched", like killing once in two days and lowering in-between posts from two to one, maybe limiting to 2 posts a day too. Concidering that there should pass some time (2-3 days) before the killing starts it can really take a long time. If and when people show interest, the estimated forum activily levels for them will need to be taken into concideration for limits optimization.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

nice drawing :)
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

I like the picture and the idea as well. Let's hope the Mafia game works out and we can build enough momentum to have this as well.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Nice, but I'm surprised you assigned so much room for the fighters, not much for power plant. Also, what are rooms 1-6 on each floor?
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

Rooms are living quarters. C-deck rooms for lowest rank techs 3 per room, decks A and B house higher rank crew, two per accomodation. The power plant is integrated into the engines, lower deck houses the batteries. As for fighters space - I thought of allocating even more on the expence of landing strip and/or fuel tank, because I wanted to add spare craft, but descided to leave as is. I forgot to draw the infirmary, it'll be in the life-support bay.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

I seem to recall reading one of these games a while back, can't remember if you or someone else linked to it. Did you propose this on UQMF at some point as well?

Either way, I'd be willing to give it a go, because hey why not.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

I linked in your thread, thought that this is what you are proposing for Mafia game.
And yes, after checking, it appears I have tried to propose it last August at UQMF - good memory there! I posted and did not remember it myself :)
The difference is that I have not specified SC2 settings there.