Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Grand Council IV - IC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:53 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Greetings, delegates, and welcome to the first session of the Grand Council. I am a Melnorme Automated Diplomatic Mediation Unit, catalog number 3641-C, and will be a neutral and impartial party overseeing these proceedings. Should any delegates desire to address me directly, you may simply call me "Mediator."

Currently, our sector stands on the cusp of a new era. With the recent destruction of the Sa-Matra, the retreat of both Ur-Quan subspecies coreward, and the freeing of all known slave races, this is a critical time for the voices of all sentients to be heard. As such, this body was created to further diplomatic relations among the multitude of races residing in our sector, and hopefully broker a lasting peace. Therefore, all sentients of our sector, regardless of previous affiliations, are welcome to send a representative to this body to take part in the making of history and the shaping of our future.

Without further ado, the floor is now open to any who wish to speak.

Post subject: Re: The Grand Council IV - IC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

A hulking mass of green slowly droops from the ceiling where, after spending half an hour, it had been installing some sort of device from which it could hang. An eye blinks. Then another. And another. Six of them, blinking one after the other. Each one somehow taking in every angle of the room, reflecting the faces of the other delegates in the deep purple orbs. A long writhing tendril, deep violet in color, penetrates through the empty air, making contact with a bright green device.

The machine appeared to glow upon contact. It stood on the platform around which the other sentients of this sector were seated. In the center of the device, a red metallic liquid was suspended, forming a perfect sphere. Seemingly satisfied, the long tendril retracts to the green mass. A new movement begins, this time under the sextuplet eyes. Several shorter green tendrils begin to flagellate and sound is now produced. The sensation is odd. The sound doesn't come from the direction of the creature, but instead from the device it interacted with.

In a deep and commanding voice, one that echoed throughout the chamber in slow seemingly sinister tones, the creatures words were vocalized:

"I Am Ur-Quan Lord 004. The Path Of Now And Forever Has Failed. Therefor, I Am Here To Represent My Own Species In What We Can Only Surmise Will Become This Sector's Leading Governing Body. I Was Chosen For This Position Because I Am Not Like The Others. I Have Been An Outcast In The Ur-Quan Hierarchy For My Heretical Views On The Path Of Now And Forever. I Was Outspoken About Its Flaws. The Others Encased Me In One Of Our Shields So That I Could Not Spread My 'Weakness' To Others. Now, I Am Here, Having Been Proven Right."

With each word, the red orb in the green device oscillates. It is clear now that this must be it's translation device.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

We are the Druuge of the Crimson Corporation. The planet you approach belongs to us.
All other claims are hereby rendered invalid and incontestable.
Depart.

(I hope the image works, image by dczanik - I hope you're fine with me linking here, dczanik)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:30 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

(Disclaimer: The above image may not accurately represent the mask and/or other articles of clothing currently being worn by the Utwig representative)

From a particularly dark corner of the assembly room, a masked, robed individual emerges. The robe was ornate, yet not overly complex, consisting mainly of some sort of soft, grey fabric. A pair of white stripes descended from the shoulder areas, joining together just below the blue light -the translation device- on the chest into a single, wider line that continued downwards. The robe was overlaid with small patterns, each one very simple, although together they joined into a rather sophisticated formation of twists and twirls which never quite seemed to end. The mask -known to the Utwig as the Veil of Silent and Surreptitious Observation- was a much darker grey, almost bordering on black, with a subtle undertone of blue that seemed to pervade whatever surfaces of the mask that you weren't looking at, only to fade once it would come into focus.

Having watched the Ur-Quan as it worked, the robed individual finally seemed to have elected to step forward now that the larger creature was done. As it moved, its hands came up in a blur, bringing up an elegant white mask with elements of purple and just the tiniest hint of red. In a motion that was fast enough so that even the security cameras probably failed to catch anything, the masked Utwig had taken off the Veil of Silent and Surreptitious Observation and placed the Countenance of Stellar Representation in its place without revealing so much as a hint to the flesh beneath. Now properly masked for a diplomatic meeting with the other races of the sector, the Utwig representative finally took a seat, and began to speak.

"On behalf of the Utwig Proctorate, I bid you all a formal greeting. Through the Ultimate, we have learned that this meeting will form a vital part of the events to come, and so I am here, ready to do my part for the good of the universe. What, exactly, the Ultron wish us to do here remains unclear"-at this point, the Utwig sounds just the slightest bit dissatisfied-"but I am sure the answer will be revealed in time. Until then, we shall wait, observe, and offer our opinion whenever it would seem prudent to do so."

After giving its little speech, the Utwig settles in its seat, apparently having decided not to address anything within the other representatives' introductions... at least not until everyone else's introductions were over and done with. What would happen after that would be anyone's guess.

Last edited by Quasispatial on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:37 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

The Ilwrath Representative arrives somewhat late and crawls up to their spot. They are not wearing the traditional black and purple headdress most Ilwrath captains are seen wearing. Instead they are wearing some form of black robe covering most of their body. He gets up to speak.

I Am Priest Grahl, The Appointed Representative For The... Remainder of the Ilwrath Race. We Understand In The Past We Have Had A Hostile Streak With Other Races For Some Time Now. But We Have Gone Through... A Change Of World View. We Hope To Form Better Relationships With Our Neighbor Races...

He sits back down and waits for the rest of the representatives.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 am 
Arilou wiseguy

We, as representatives of the Crimson Corporation, sincerely re-affirm our claim to this planet, and the whole solar system.
You are herewith requested to leave this solar system for your own homeworlds, and not return.

Our invaluable services during your last war have not adequately been re-imbursed, and we are therefore, according to the contract you implicitly agreed to when You have used our services, or benefitted from them through the use of our services by third-parties, claim all non-inhabited solar systems in this region as our property.

For any further inquiries, we refer you to our line-managers on Zeta Persei I.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:25 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

The Utwig representative turns their head towards the sole Druuge in the room, waiting as is proper for the other sapient to finish speaking before they make their own move. Quickly, the elegance of the Countenance of Stellar Representation is replaced by the smooth, dark-green curves of the Shroud of Polite Chastisement, after which the Utwig begins to speak.

"Druuge, as you have no doubt been told, this is a meeting of the representatives of this sector's races. You claim to represent a private business - a corporation, something which has no place here. This is not open to the public. Explain your presence here, lest I find myself with a sudden need to call for security."

With that said, the Shroud of Polite Chastisement is in turn replaced by the Visage of Polite and Respectful Greetings as, in an instant, the entire demeanour of the Utwig representative would appear to change. Now addressing the two other 'proper' representatives in the room, the Utwig once more begins to speak.

"Ur-Quan, Ilwrath representatives. I greet you formally. I am Nermi, representing the Proctorate which, in turn, represents the Utwig race as a whole. We understand that you have caused much of the strife this sector has experienced, but as the Ultron wishes, we bear you no ill will. The Ultimate indicates that many dangers still remain unseen, and if we stand alone, most possible futures appear grim. Unfortunately, I cannot tell what dangers lie ahead, as we remain deficient operators of the device even to this day. Alas, it will take many years before any of the Utwig will be able to get a deeper understanding of the Ultron's emanations."

Having perhaps gone a slight distance away from the original topic, Nermi's words rather abruptly reach their end after this, swift hands removing the copper-plated Visage in favour of the admittedly rather heavy marble of the Countenance of Stellar Representation. After that, it is just a matter of waiting for a response.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

The Druuge sighs hearable which is quite a feat, as his body constantly is breathing very heavy already...

I have been warned that our claims would not be respected....

As to your enquiry, the Druuge do not have a formal government, that would fit your definition of government.

Our management, as owner of all the planets in our sector, make all relevant decisions for all the individuals that live, and work for the Crimson Corporation..
And since our employees belong to several species living, the Crimson Corporation does not consider itself fit to represent only the Druuge. Furthermore, several Druuge with the rank of captain have been transferred into the custody of a Human named Zelnick, together with their crews. Therefore, the management of the Crimson Corporation does not see itself fit to represent all Druuge.

But since there is no other entity that can represent us, or the solar system of Zeta Persei, I have been sent to represent the Crimson Corporation.

Furthermore, I have been sent to formally forward our claims.

Also, we do have an open account for the Ultron, for which you have not adequately paid us for. Neither for our repair assistance of the Ultron.
I would therefore love to open negotiations, and I will make you a very interesting offer for extended warrantiy and a service plan for your invaluable Ultron.
We, as the largest provider of genuine Precursor technological artefacts, are best suited to take care of any needs your Ultron may have.

The Druuge representative finally stops speaking. His breath has become even more putrid, and his bodily odours are filling the room. He clears his throat and then spits a large wad of spit onthe ground right next to him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:36 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Patiently, the Utwig representative pays heed to the Crimson Corporation's representative, having exchanged their previous mask for the Guise of Due Deliberation somewhere along the line. Afterwards, they once again elect to exchange their current facial appliance for something more suitable. The blue plastic of the Rational Mask of Debate is what finds its way onto Nermi's face, following which they commence their own retort.

"We understand your position, Druuge. No others would more accurately represent your collective society, and so we will tolerate this breach of procedures. However, we find your claim to be false. The Ultron itself suggested all along that without our intervention and the intervention of the great Ultron Saint who restored the Universal device, you, like all other life in this sector, would have been exterminated by the Kohr-Ah. Demanding recompensation for something which was in your best interests seems... well, daft, and more than a bit pretentious.

As for your offer to provide insurance against losing the Ultimate once more... I must admit the offer intrigues me. I will consort with the Ultron on this matter."

Nermi suddenly drops focus from the discussion altogether, hands coming up almost on autopilot to put on the golden, intricately carved Mask of Ultimate Communion as they bring out a small communicator from the depths of their robe and begin to fiddle with it. They don't seem to be paying much attention to what's going on around them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:26 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Lord 004 watches the exchange unravel in front of him. Pausing a moment, clearly thinking taking in all the information. The Hierarchy had only just discovered the Druuge just before the loss of the Sa-Matra. The Ur-Quan representative's long curvy body hangs in complete stillness, aside from the blinking eyes, but it's clear that it is listening. Despite not moving or making sound, the Ur-Quan is still very much present in the chamber.

Finally, speech:

"Druuge, the Ur-Quan do not recognize your authority in this region of space. Adhere to this body's rulings and procedures or leave. Disobedience will not be tolerated."

Feeling as though the warning had made its intended impact, Lord 004 returns to stillness, awaiting the impending war reparations this body would demand.