The Grand Council IV - OOC

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Re: The Grand Council IV - OOC

Post by Maloo Oture » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 pm

gtb2002 wrote: Thanks and I will try to color speech but it's reslly hard when I post on phone to get the correct color.
And for the love of all things *squishy*, read your posts twice before you post them. Check for spelling and grammar.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Seems Lord 004 has ruffled the masks, chains, mandibles, and wings with its last monologue. :) I think we have a plot developing.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Maloo Oture wrote:Seems Lord 004 has ruffled the masks, chains, mandibles, and wings with its last monologue. :) I think we have a plot developing.
Yeep. I must say, that was quite successful when it came to booting up the plot. It shall be interesting to see how things develop.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Sorry for the lack of activity, a few folks have asked what happened to me. The answer, as with many things these days, is "new baby", which has been quite effective in keeping me off the PC. That said, I should be able to visit here more regularly now, so I will be jumping in fairly soon.

Of course, with the heavy Hierarchy / adversarial bias so far, I feel like I may need to start to stand in opposition to that in order to spice things up a bit. Those Quans seem like they need to be knocked down a peg in particular. ;)-smf

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Haha. They certainly could. Playing to their character trope is fun, but it kinda puts me at odds with just about all the other players haha. I quite enjoy it.

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:58 am

Yeah, your firepower is much more attractive to openly oppose that the firepower the Druuge pack....

Also, congrats, Draxas!

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:30 am

Sorry for the huge post in the IC thread, but I had a lot to respond to. :)

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am

Yes you do.
And thank you.

I also do notice, that you are playing a bureaucrat.
No loose threads hanging around.

The question regarding our own survival is one I am obviously leaving open for now.
First, there are topics enraging my Druuge side more, so m Druuge side focuses on them.
Second, personally I don't want to have too many threads going on in the council, as you might loose a clear view of what's happening when distrated by too many diverging topics.
And later, when other topics have died down a bit, I intend to bring it up again. I have placed an expensive bet on making the Ur-Quan pay reparations in this regard.
But please feel free to remind me of this topic again and again. Bureaucrats tend to repeat themselves often, as this way they have all open questions in the room, and they only need to turn back to the last communication from them, to find out if all objections have been adressed.
If objections have been clarified -> okay, objections been argued -> counterarguments, objections ignored -> objection repeated.
I do it myself all the time. Best aide-memoire to keep a dossier running.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:08 pm

There. That should prod this along. ;)-smf

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 pm

You might want to recheck the grammar on that last post gtb.
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."