Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Infestation - A Star Control zombie RP - OOC/interest check
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:56 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

So, this is an idea which I has floated around my head for a while. The story is quite simple.

One day, after watching a certain, human-made movie, an Umgah bio-scientist got an idea. It was the idea of a prank, and it was one that quickly caught on. Working together with hundreds of other Umgah, the scientist created a virus, and then released it. The target: The New Alliance of Free Stars' first joint colony world, known locally as Tarkus.

Things quickly devolved from there. Within a matter of hours, people started rising from their graves, only to turn on their former friends and families, spreading the infection further with each bite and scratch. The local government soon fell even as the world devolved into anarchy, and all the while, the entire Umgah population were laughing as much as their lungs would allow.

The Alliance reacted. Launching their fleets, the warriors of the Alliance worked fervently to contain the spread, ruthlessly striking down the plague wherever it showed its head even as its scientists struggled to find a way to counter the plague more directly. However, Tarkus was too infested, too far gone to be salvageable, but fortunately the Free Stars were able to quarantine the world through the Ur-Quan slave shield technology reverse-engineered by the Spathi.

Unfortunately, however, you so happened to be on Tarkus when the shield went up. Stranded, constantly besieged by the hordes of the undead and with your resources running low, survival must be your top priority. The undead may not be the only dangers in the world, however. Both wild animals and other survivors could prove to be just as dangerous, and if you are not careful, you will face your destiny sooner rather than later. You must scavenge, you must fight, and ultimately, you may last just that much longer.

In the end, it does not matter.

This is your story.

This is how you died.

Post subject: Re: Infestation - A Star Control zombie RP - OOC/interest ch
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:59 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

(Hands up) interested

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:33 am 
Slylandro gasbags

The story is interesting, not sure about how the gameplay is gonna be? Just RP?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:33 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

I must admit, I did not expect anyone to actually respond to this topic by this point. I posted it well over half a year ago, after all. Developed the stuff a bit more since the post; got it mostly ready for a first session on Roll20, although the item list is still way too short and I've probably missed some stuff when it comes to the rules. The thing ended up having a rather... messy damage calculation system, so running it here would be a bit ineffective. Not to mention that it ended up being... less than perfect for the play-by-post type of game that forum-games tend to be. Took a bit of work to get it to work with Roll20's free-version macro system, but now that it does, I don't want to waste the convenience that lies in it.
That being said, if you happen to have a Roll20 account, just PM me here and I'll be happy to share a join link with you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 pm 
Hunam adventurer

Sign me up guys, I'm ready to blow some stuff up!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:22 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Stickman_king_28 wrote:

Not too late, I guess, it's only been a year...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:24 pm 
Hunam adventurer

Alvarin wrote:
Stickman_king_28 wrote:

Not too late, I guess, it's only been a year...

Oh never mind, it's not for this forum. Whoops.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

It's been ages since I even looked at this stuff, so I've honestly lost track of the files. I may, however, run something else in the near future. Depends on whether I can locate the seemingly-missing files, files which I'm sure I had lying around rather recently...

As for this RP, well, it was technically meant for this forum to begin with, but the lack of responses at the time led me to post it elsewhere. It's probably safe to say that this particular train has left by now.