The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by glory_device » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:32 am

We never had any contact with the Orz and from what we understand, their ways of communication is cryptic at best. Any luck contacting the Arilou?

On a side note, Thraddash diplomats arrived at our homeworld and we recently found a suitable planet for them. Interestingly enough, their requirements differ in many ways than ours and therefore it was easier than expected to host them. We are also in the process to acquire the Aqua Helix. We will keep you updated on the events.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:21 am

It had been strangely quiet in the room. None of the delegates had anything more to say about any of the situations until more data was available. So when one of Lord 111's devices began to rumble and make some beeping sounds, everyone seemed to be anticipating what would come from the Ur-quan's talking pet's mouth.

Lord 111 took a deep breathe before speaking, something most Ur-quan seemed to do.
"I now have more information regarding these strange IDF occurrences. My fleet of Dreadnoughts has arrived in Orz space. They expected to find them around the Vulpeculae stars, but instead located them all in a single system. Alpha Vulpeculae. We have attempted several times to open a dialog with them. It would appear they are not interested in speaking with us. We have LAUNCHED FIGHTERS to make a close approach to one of their ships in an attempt to garner their attention."

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:08 am

"Ummmmmm... Fighters aren't usually used in peaceful ways." Then he spasmes and goes off to the bathroom.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Shera looks up distractedly from her communications console, which she has been absorbed in for quite some time. When she does so, she sighs loudly, though without much conviction.

"Lovely," she addresses the Ur-Quan delegate with a tone of sarcasm, though not quite as biting as normal, "I'm sure the Orz will have no issues whatsoever with your interceptors making a quick flyby. There's no possibility that might be interpreted as a hostile action, right? Let us know what you learn, or more likely, how quickly what is apparently the entire Orz fleet tears apart your investigative team."

"In the meantime, I have received several urgent updates on the situation in VUX space. Whatever is there is growing more powerful and aggressive, though we still have little indication what that might be. Our observation team has pulled back to the edge of the former VUX sphere of influence and is searching for a new location for an observation post after coming under what they can only describe as repeated psionic attacks from an unknown source. The attacks have subsided with distance for now, but we strongly advise anyone who still have ships in the vicinty to be extremely cautious. While it is unlikely that you will feel these attacks as strongly as we do if you are not psionically sensitive, they are growing in strength and may soon be powerful enough to pierce those defenses. We would advise against extended tours of duty within the zone of effect, as prolonged exposure can amplify the danger. I fear we may soon have to have our observers retreat entirely if these attacks gain any more power and distance."

"The bottom line is that we must exercize even more caution than previous. I will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become relevant, so please forgive me if I focus on these tasks more than some of the discussions here."

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Lord 111 takes in Shera's information and warnings but does not seem to understand. She seemed to think the fighters would be taken as a hostile act instead of a means to attract the attention of the Orz. While the Orz were not present during the time of the war, the Ur-Quan did know of them but were too busy with the Doctrinal Conflict to deal with them. Lord 111 was eager to hear back from the teams. Despite being an ominous overlord, he enjoyed learning about the races he conquered in the past. Now he could learn of the Orz. Finally, he received a report.

"My fleet has succeeded in making contact with the Orz. Previously, they did not appear to know of our presence in their system. But, when one of our fighters smashed into the hull of one of their ships, they became alert and opened communications. We were almost certain that our advanced translation technologies in conjunction with our talking pets would give us a better understanding of the Orz language. Unfortunately, this was not the case. From what we could understand, the Orz are not pleased with what has happened in Vux space. They seem to even fear it. They have retreated to Alpha Vulpeculae and formed some sort of super-structure around the star. What they are planning is unknown to us. The last thing we heard, we could not translate efficiently."

Lord 111 sets a holo-projector in the center of the table and it hums to life, launching a floating image of an Orz reciting the following:
"Vux are *below* the *below*. It is *frumple* for the Vux. Orz cannot wait for *parties* to begin. Orz must go. You cannot follow. You are not *squishy* enough. You must become *squishy* and then you can *dance* with Orz. It is good."

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:05 am

We Supox are completely uprooted by this dire situation that is beyond our grasp. We need to contact any vector of information that could help us figure out what is going on in the Vux territory. We will try to contact the Melnorme and I strongly suggest that we contact the Arilou.

In the mean time, I also suggest that we try to recreate Taalo devices based on scientific report and schematics to shield ourselves from any form of compulsion.

Time is running out and we NEED information to figure out what is going on!
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:09 am

OUR TECHS ARE ALREADY WORKING ON REPLICATING THE TAALO DEVICE, HOWEVER IT IS A SLOW AND ARDOUS PROCESS. AS WE ARE NOT VERY ADEPT AT PSIONIC TECHNOLOGIES, DEVELOPING A FUNCTIONAL MIND SHIELD MAY TAKE A VERY LONG TIME. HOWEVER, WE SUSPECT THAT WE MAY BE ABLE TO GREATLY SPEED THIS PROCESS WERE WE TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE PSIONICS AMPLIFIERS USED BY THE SYREEN. IF WE COULD SOMEHOW REVERSE THE EFFECT THESE DEVICES CREATE, IT COULD PROVE A VITAL COMPONENT IN THE REPLICATION OF THE MIND SHIELD TECHNOLOGY. SYREEN REPRESENTATIVE, WOULD YOU BE ADVERSE TO SHARING THIS TECHNOLOGY WITH US?

REGARDING THE ENTITY IN FORMER VUX SPACE, IT DOES INDEED APPEAR TO BE GROWING. WE HAVE LOST ADDITIONAL MONITORING PROBES IN THE NEIGHBOURING SYSTEMS. THOUGH MOST OF THEM SIMPLY WENT SILENT, ONE STARTED TRANSMITTING HIGHLY ABNORMAL DATA, WHICH WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSLATING AND INVESTIGATING ON A REMOTE SPACE STATION. IT IS EXPECTED THAT THIS WILL TAKE A WHILE LONGER, AS THE DATA IS SEVERELY DAMAGED. WE WILL RETURN WITH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:26 am

Shera looks up from her console once more at the mention of Syreen technology.

"If you truly are making progress on replicating the Taalo shield, then we will be happy to provide you with several amplifiers if you think it will help. In fact, I could go one step further than that."

She taps the circlet on her forehead with her index finger as she continues, "These are not simple adornments. Each one contains a miniature dampener designed to both prevent the wearer from making effective use of psionic abilities and shield them from the abilities of others. Syreen diplomats wear them as a courtesy to others, to defuse any suspicions that we may be using our powers to exert undue influence. We can provide you with several samples of these as well, but in the case of both technologies, be forewarned that they are purpose built to function as intended among members of my race only. Our experiences show that the psionic talents of other races are not affected as intended or at all by these devices, so I am not sure how much insight you will be able to glean from them."

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:30 pm

After coming back from the bathroom he checks the stuff that has gone on in the meantime then says. "We received a transmission of great distress from the Mycon leadership they say that they are going to expand to the outside and try to become this *squishy* they speak of."
Most of the delegates notice that he is doing somthing like that pacing things humans do when pressed with hard choices in flushes head he thinks about how unspeakbly evil the elders must be to suggest suicidal bombing after we just treys to create a new relationship with these species.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:15 am

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THE TRANSLATOR MODULE UTILIZED BY THE MYCON HAS MALFUNCTIONED CATASTROPHICALLY. THE MESSAGES WE RECIEVE ARE UNINTELLIGIBLE AT BEST, AND SO WE WOULD ADVISE REPAIRING THE TRANSLATION SUB-MODULE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, SYREEN DELEGATE, WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION. OUR SCIENTISTS WILL PROCEED TO ANALYZE THESE DEVICES IMMEDIATELY. HOPEFULLY, WE WILL BE ABLE TO GLEAM SOME MEASURE OF INFORMATION FROM THEM, THOUGH CREATING A WORKABLE DEVICE MAY STILL TAKE A VERY LONG TIME. HOWEVER, WITH THESE ADDITIONS WE ARE CLOSER THAN BEFORE, AND SO IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE THAT WE WILL EVENTUALLY MANAGE TO CREATE A WORKABLE PROTOTYPE. WE WILL RETURN TO YOU REGARDING THIS MATTER ONCE SUCH A THING HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.