The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by chenjesuwizard » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:48 am

Just as the Ur-Quan delegate finishes talking the doors of the council chamber open slowly, revealing a lone Yehat. Her wings droop as she enters, obviously tired from the long journey she has travelled. She looks around at the delegates, taking in who is present and who is not, before seating herself close to the Chmmr representative. Veep-eep knows the importance of placing yourself near a strong ally, despite her apprehension over the Chmmr in their new form. Every move, even where one sits, is important in such a proceeding.

The council, who had become silent upon her entry, look at her as she begins to speak.
"Greetings friends. Sorry for my late arrival and I hope ye can forgive us for our lateness, we have been dealing with some most troubling of events. I have been following yer discussion via hyperspace transmission and as ye are aware, the Vux have dissapeared without a trace. This worrying discovery was made on my way to meet with ye all and I was asked by our queen to return and lead a diplomatic team into Vux space. As ye are also aware, the Vux planet, Beta Luyten I, is barren, abandoned. Unfortunately, unlike the Chmmr investigation, ours was much less thorough. The Pkunk members of our investigation team refused to stay on the planet for long, babbling about some kind of psychic rift or something. I'm not really able to talk on these matters. My colleague, Squawky, is far more able to answer ye questions on this. She's just round the corner carrying out some kind of astral preparation or something. We love our Pkunk brethren but we are very different I assure you." Veep-eep pulls out a kind of circular communication device and places it on her wing before saying "Squawky, we are waiting."

With this a much smaller Pkunk appears at the door carrying a large green crystal and having a similar circular communication device attached to her wing.
"You always try and rush such important proceedings. The Astral plane cannot be rushed you know. It takes it's time. Oh well, never mind, of course you don't know best. We have yet to teach you our ways truly." Squawky then turns to all the council. "Hello! Hello! I am Squawky, and this is Veep-eep, and we are here as your spiritual and cultural guides in all things-" Veep-eep cuts Squawky a look, "Okay, I will get on with it. As I'm sure Veep-eep has made you aware, we have just returned from visiting Beta Luyten I, where we discovered a barren wasteland following all communications being cut off by our Vux neighbours. Fortunately, we did not stay long. We discovered many a bad omen in that place. It is a wealth of dark jargas and weebles. You understand? The Vux opened up something evil. They were right to run, if they did. I do not know what happened there but it is our recommendation, on behalf of the Queen of the Pkunk/Yehat Conglomerate, that we restrict all flights in and around that area. There is no reason to go there, even for investigation. Some evils are best left untouched."

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:19 am

"We would like to thank the Yehat and Pkunk for making it to this discussion."
"But back to the topic at hand."
"We have dispatched several Stinger Vessels to investigate VUX space as well, and we hope they come back with some more information."
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:24 am

Shera, despite the entrance of the new delegates, had turned from the proceedings and been carrying on a conversation into a private communicator for a short while. However, just as the Pkunk delegate concluded, she sighed loudly.

"Knowing we should have stayed away from VUX space would have been much more beneficial several days ago, but with the number of investigative teams in the area, it's a bit too late to be saying things like that. For instance, our team has just recently touched down on the surface of the VUX homeworld, and I have received the first reports."

"I can confirm the situation on Beta Luyten I has not been exaggerated. There is no sign of any VUX anywhere on the planet, though all of their infrastructure remains intact and relatively undamaged. Certainly there was no conventional war waged on the surface, but the residual psionic impressions picked up by our investigators remind us of that very scenario. A sense of great pain and suffering pervades the entire world, making it a very uncomfortable place for us to stay for long. We still do not have any information about precisely what happened to the VUX, but whatever it was, it was a remarkably unpleasant experience for them. In order to receive impressions this overwhelming and pervasive, we surmise that most or all of the VUX were afforded no opportunity to flee whatever occurred. Our investigators are withdrawing from the system, as we fear for their safety if they continue to expose themselves to the aura of despair that radiates from the VUX homeworld. They will remain on standby in a nearby system for the time being, but I would suggest if any additional investigations are to take place, they be performed by races with little to no psionic sensitivity."

"This all begs the question, however, if it would be wise to continue investigating at all. If this scenario is similar to the one that claimed the Androsynth, then reports of the investigations of Eta Vulpeculae II indicate that simply knowing what actually happened place the investigator, their colleagues, and possibly their entire race, in grave peril. Perhaps it would be best if we take Ambassador Squawky's advice at face value, and cordon off the Luyten constellation as a no-fly zone. It may perhaps not be worth the risk to satisfy our curiosity."

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:55 am

YEHAT, PKUNK AMBASSADORS, WE WELCOME YOU TO THESE PROCEEDINGS. YOUR SUGGESTION IS A SENSIBLE ONE, THOUGH I FEAR THAT IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE. WE HAVE LOST ALL CONTACT WITH OUR GROUNDSIDE INVESTIGATION TEAM. THEY DETECTED AN ANOMALOUS ENERGY EMISSION WITHIN A SUB-TERRANIAN VUX COMPLEX, AND MOVED IN TO INVESTIGATE. WE HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM THEM SINCE.

WE TUNED IN OUR SHIP SCANNERS TO THE EMISSION WAVELENGTH, AND THE RESULTS SHOULD BE COMING IN MOMENTARILY...
A moment later, Kzzrn's crystals appear to dim lightly, an expression which is essentially the Chmmr version of an "oh dear...". The next sentence has a clear air of alarm around it.
FELLOW AMBSSADORS, IT APPEARS THAT THERE ARE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF THESE ENERGY SOURCES SPREAD ACROSS THE WORLD. WHAT IS WORSE, THEY ARE MULTIPLYING AS WE SPEAK. WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY, WE ARE PULLING BACK OUR SHIPS FROM FORMER VUX SPACE, AND STRONGLY URGE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME. THIS MYSTERY IS ONE BEST LEFT UNTOUCHED, LEST WE AWAKE THE SLEEPING GIANT. WE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT IT IS NOT ALREADY TOO LATE, AND THAT OUR CURIOSITY HAS NOT ALREADY LED TO OUR UNDOING.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:22 am

With this suggestion Veep-eep looks up, alarm very apparent in her voice. "Chmmr delegate, while we agree that Vux space should be abandoned let that not be at the expense of protection of our border. We, the Pkunk-Yehat conglomerate, would ask that ye ships and patrols of the area continue. We are still rebuilding after our most terrible of civil wars and with many of our ships and resources have been both the Shofixti colony project and with Pkunk assimilation. We are aware that we have been weakened. Let not the Alliance abandon us.
This was hard for Veep-eep to say, her pride getting in the way of her really expressing the dire situation in their SOI.

Brawky, realising that Veep-eep is stuggling, steps forward and continues.
"Things are not easy for a race haunted by years of civil war. Factions still divide us. Some of our most beautiful Yehat friends still kill us Pkunk daily. It does sadden us. Our economy is in deep depression and bad omens and portents show that it will only worsen. Our ship production and ability to protect our borders is limited. We have only a handful of Pkunk Furys, most having been destroyed and factories for creation of these having only been created in the last few months. Even our Yehat Terminators are at lower numbers. How can we trust Yehat captains when so many of them will use these ships to rebel against our Queen? This has not been too large an issue for us. We, the Pkunk, do not like war machines much. But with this new development in Vux space, with our very neighbours, we fear for our divided land. As Veep-eep said, we need protection on our borders from any new threat, as surely it will be us they attack first?"

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:56 am

"Because of the Chmmr said we decided to call back our stingers."
Fip has a look of horror on his face after hearing the Chmmr.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:11 pm

PKUNK, YEHAT DELEGATES, DO NOT WORRY. WE WILL NOT ABANDON THE ALLIANCE, NOR WILL WE ABANDON YOU. IF YOU SO WISH, WE COULD DISPATCH PART OF OUR AVATAR FLEETS TO BOLSTER YOUR BORDER DEFENCES, THOUGH YOUR INNER QUARREL WE WILL HAVE TO LET YOU RESOLVE BY YOURSELVES, AS OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE OFTEN MAKES SUCH THINGS WORSE. REGARDING VUX SPACE, PERHAPS WE COULD DEPLOY SOME AUTOMATED SURVEILLANCE DRONES; LOSING THEM WOULD NOT BE A GREAT LOSS, WHILST IT COULD GIVE US VALUABLE INFORMATION AND HELP FOREWARN AGAINST HOSTILE ATTACKS AGAINST OUR ALLIANCE, INCLUDING YOURSELVES.

REGARDING THE SHOFIXTI, HOW GOES THEIR PROGRESS? YOU MENTIONED A COLONY PROJECT; AS THE SHOFIXTI ARE STILL REBUILDING THEIR ENTIRE CIVILIZATION AND ARE MOST LIKELY WITHOUT A SIGNIFICANT SPACE FLEET OF THEIR OWN, PERHAPS WE COULD SEND A FEW AVATARS THEIR WAY FOR THE SAKE OF SECURITY? OF COURSE, WE WOULD REQUIRE THEIR COORDINATES IN ORDER TO DO SO.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC, PERHAPS A FEW STARSHIPS, SOQ-FOT-PIK OR SYREEN, COULD VISIT THE ORZ ON THEIR WAY BACK TO THEIR HOMEWORLD? AS THE SUPOX REPRESENTATIVE HAS SUGGESTED, THE ORZ MIGHT HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE VUX INCIDENT THAT WE COULD ACQUIRE WITH RELATIVE SAFETY.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:31 pm

"We will send a message to our ships to stop by at Orz space on the way home."

chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:22 pm

"Chmmr delegate, friend, we thank you for your kind offer and although our Yehat brothers and sisters are too proud to accept, we would deeply appreciate assistance to bolster our borders, as well as those with our Shofixti brethren, who lack infrastructure and support needed to build a new civilization. I will transfer the co-ordinates of their colony to you now." Squawky begins to imput some numbers into his com-screen. As he does this Veep-eep speaks,

"Chmmr delegate, Squawky overplays the severness of our political turmoil. Though there is some, we have a grasp on these matters. Our defenses may be lacking, but we can still stand for ourselves."

"Our Yehat brothers and sisters are very proud. I have transferred the co-ordinates of the Shofixti colony to the Chmmr delegate. I feel a great friendship coming on between our peoples! Ooh, how exciting!"

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:34 pm

"Ambassadors Squawky and Veep-eep, the Syreen would also like to express their commitment to supporting any other Alliance members in need. Though we lack the numbers and resources of the CHMMR, we are more than willing to send forces to help bolster your border defenses. As Ambassador KZZRN stated, however, we have no desire to be involved in internal conflicts. We also will not send ships unless both of you can come to a consensus that you desire assistance, as we have no wish to intensify those internal conflicts by siding with one of you or the other. Let me know when you have decided."

"As for VUX space, it would seem that immediate enforcement of a Luyten constellation no-fly zone would be in everyone's best interests. I move that we ban crewed vessels from the area, effective immediately, and continue observation using automated probes only."