The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by palmpet » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:00 pm

"Thank you for your help."
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:13 pm

A FEW OF OUR AVATAR SHIPS HAVE ENTERED VUX SPACE. HOPEFULLY, THIS WILL NOT RESULT IN OPEN WARFARE; WHILST WE HOLD NO UNCERTAINTY IN OUR CAPABILITY TO WIN, IT WOULD BE A WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE OF RESOURCES. SO FAR, THEIR REPORTS REMAIN UNINFORMATIVE - OUTER VUX SPACE APPEARS DESOLATED. WE WILL RETURN TO THIS MATTER ONCE THEY ARRIVE IN VUX CORE SPACE.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:09 am

No more destruction the non have stoped attacking. This is confusing. Juffo-Wup sheets with anger at the loss of his agents.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Some supplemental information came out. We investigated the area that ZFP provided. We once again found traces of ionized particles. However, we were surprised that no remains seemed to be there. Upon further analysis, we detected large amount of annihilation particles... our working theory is that the weapon used annihilated completely any remains after the fight. We also found some odd reading around the area that we can't explain. The hyperspace seemed to be locally disrupted around this area.

Syreen representative, can you confirm our readings? Perhaps your psy abilities will reveal something that we can't detect?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:07 pm

FELLOW REPRESENTATIVES, WE BRING FURTHER NEWS. THEY ARE MOST DISCONCERTING.
OUR AVATARS HAVE REACHED THE VUX CORE SYSTEMS, AND HAVE APPROACHED THEIR HOMEWORLD OF BETA LUYTEN I. THERE HAVE BEEN NO SIGNS OF VUX PRESENCE; NOT ONCE DID WE PICK UP AN INTRUDER VESSEL ON SCANNERS ASIDE FROM A SINGLE, ABANDONED VESSEL SEEMINGLY DATING BACK TO THE TIME OF THE CRUCIBLE OF SENTIENCE. WE DISPATCHED SEVERAL LANDER VESSELS TO INVESTIGATE THE PLANET SURFACE. ALMOST EVERYTHING APPEARS TO BE IN PRISTINE CONDITION. THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF STRUGGLE, NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE, NO EVIDENCE OF ARMED CONFLICT. NO SIGNS OF LIFE. IT IS AS IF THE ENTIRETY OF VUX SOCIETY SIMPLY GOT UP AND LEFT, THOUGH WE CANNOT FANTHOM WHY THEY WOULD DO SUCH A THING.

HOWEVER, IF THAT IS WHAT THEY DID, IT EXPLAINS THE ENCOUNTERS WITH THE MYCON. THEY COULD HAVE VERY WELL FLED IN THAT DIRECTION; THEY WOULD CERTAINLY STAND A GREATER CHANCE THAN IF THEY HAD DONE SO IN THE DIRECTION OF THE YEHAT. THAT STILL LEAVES THE QUESTION WHAT THEY WERE FLEEING FROM, IF THEY WERE THREATENED BY SOMETHING DANGEROUS ENOUGH FOR THEM TO NOT EVEN CONSIDER STAYING AND DEFENDING THEIR OWN SPACE. CERTAINLY, NO SENSIBLE RACE WOULD ABANDON THEIR OWN HOME WORLD WITHOUT A TRULY DIRE SITUATION FORCING THEM TO DO SO, AND SO WE HAVE TO ASSUME THAT THERE WAS A REASON FOR THEIR MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE. THIS WARRANTS FURTHER INVESTIGATION. WE MUST PINPOINT THE LOCATION OF THE VUX, AND DISCOVER THE EVENTS WHICH HAVE LED TO THE CURRENT SITUATION... IF THEY EVEN STILL EXIST.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:14 pm

"This is extremely grave news indeed!"
"Yeah! Even though I didn't care much for them, no race deserves to be pushed from their home?"
Fip looks even more worried.
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:34 pm

This sounds similar to the Androsyth disaperence. Juffo-Wup tells of danger. Flup sighs a big cloud of spores and says in a distant voice worlds destroyed races "eaten" many disasters happen but we created them to keep a greater treat at bay. Flup seems to look around as if he were not in control earlier.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:30 pm

"While we certainly will not miss the VUX if they are truly gone, the rambling mushroom actually does have a point, for once," Shera nonetheless waves dismissively in Flup's direction, "This disappearance is at least superficially similar to the circumstances surrounding the Androsynth, and it would be prudent to determine if the VUX were also conducting IDF research in the same vein. We will dispatch a small investigative team to VUX space immediately, where perhaps our unique abilities will be able to glean more information."

"For now, however, until we have all of the facts, I move to instate a sector wide moratorium on any additional IDF research. While I can conclusively state that the Syreen have not even examined the topic as a subject of research and have no current interest in developing that technology, we also have no idea if anyone else may be investigating those avenues. We already know that these efforts ended disasterously for the Androsynth, and may possibly have done the same to the VUX. If anyone else has any ongoing efforts to develop IDF technology, those efforts must be halted before we risk any more casualties. We need to at least determine what happened to the VUX before anyone else might meet with a dire fate."

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:03 pm

I second your proposition regarding IDF research. We can't take any bold risk at the moment. Do we still have contact with th e Ariloulalelay? I believe that they could perhaps enlighten us with the current situation. We could also try to ask for help from the Melnorme Traders? Finally, what is going on with the Orz at the moment? They might know a thing or two about what is going on.

Those are disturbing news indeed! We need to act quick and efficiently to gather more information regarding this crucial situation. There is a possible treat here that need to be answered.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:36 am

Lord 111 had heard about IDF before. All this chatter began to bring back memories of his upbringing.

"Long ago, the organization known as the Milieu was comprised of hundreds of sentient species. Many of these were quite intelligent. There was even one race from this region of space that had developed technologies capable of detecting and manipulating IDF properties. They were known as the Taalo. When the vile ones took control of my species, we were forced to hunt down the sentients of the Milieu. However, when we attempted to find the Taalo, they had disappeared. Perhaps there is more information to be obtained from their former homeworld.