The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by Draxas »

Shera dismisses the suggestion of the VUX being mind controlled with a wave of her hand.

"You are all acting as if unwarranted and unprovoked aggression from the VUX is abnormal. In truth, the VUX will not hesitate to sieze an opportunity whenever they perceive weakness in another. For years, we were forced to defend against nearly constant raids on our habitation fleet from Intruder squadrons, and these raids predated either of our species involvement in the first war. The simple fact is that the VUX are attacking targets they think are incapable of mounting enough resistance to discourage them, and this is hardly out of character for them. There is no need to incite panic about this, once we can inflict heavy enough losses they'll reconsider and withdraw, at least until they find another easy target."

"To that end, several squadrons of Penetrators have been sent to Zoq-Fot-Pik space to reinforce your borders. We hope that our reinforcements combined with the CHMMR's will be enough to discourage further incursions. If we should be fortunate enough to capture any VUX prisoners, it should also be a simple matter to determine exactly what they are hoping to accomplish. You can expect our reinforcements to arrive before the end of the week."

"As for your requests, Ambassador Gr'Tonk, all of us are similarly concerned that your species will continue to settle their disputes through self-destructive means, once you have a world to stage your conflicts on and sufficent numbers that there is less risk of your entire race dying off. I think this whole council would appreciate assurances more concrete than you stating 'maybe nuclear exchange isn't the best idea when there are only a few thousand of us' before we take your desire for a new home seriously. It doesn't help that your hardline stance against Humanity has cut your options for assistance in half, though we understand your feelings on the matter. Still, if you are serious in putting aside your self-destructive ways and seeking help from this council, I sincerely hope the Ur-Quan are willing to assist you."

"Oh, and please put that thing out. It's certainly not winning you any friends here."
oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop »

"HMPH!

I've given you all my government's assurances that THEY want to put intra-Thraddash conflict behind them. HARG! That oughta be enough for you, right?"

Glancing at the communications panel again, the Thraddash ambassador's eyes bug out, as though startled at its latest instructions from the home fleet. After uttering a few desperate "but"s into the microphone, it growls loudly and throws the lit cigar in the general direction of a nearby trash can, muttering something about "stupid diplomats showing weakness".
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 »

Ahm Flup projects his voice and says Traddash will you consider allying with Juffo-Wup and his agents at least as willing slaves? I am Hush I maned the plasma furnace of a Druuge ship I died when I was thrown in it.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture »

"Gr'Tonk: What assurances can you give us that this stance, like many others throughout your species history, will not change upon a whim? You were not even fit for the roll of thrall within the hierarchy because of your instability. There was no need to even conduct the rod ritual because if we had enslaved you beneath a shield, you would have gone extinct within a year. Alternatively, the Kohr-Ah would have destroyed you. There was no saving your species. In fact, I find it strange that you have managed to survive this long."
glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device »

Mycon representative, we can't understand your desire to become slave to the Thraddash. We also not endorse such discussion within these walls.

Thraddash representative, while your self destructive nature is notorious, we would be in favor of giving you one last chance provided that you follow strict guidelines related to your behiavior and your armament capabilities. I'm pretty confident that you will find the right approach to learn to coexist together and among a working community composed of numerous sentient species. However, like everybody in this room, you will need to turn the page on the past and look forward at the future. That also means that you need to forgive the Earthlings for what they did. In your decision, you can also consider that their act led to the safety of thissector since it was estimated that the Kohr ah would have won the doctrinal conflict and annihilated every species of this sector. Hence, you wouldn't be here to talk about it.

Now please, we ask of all participants to let go of the past and focus on the future and on the important task of building trust and stability.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop »

"Hmph.

Lord 111, we used to respect you, our former rulers. I still do, or I USED to. But HARG! You wanna talk about INSTABILITY? Look at your idiot spider foot soldiers, the bunch of crazed maniacs that (GRR) KILLED millions of my people, DESTROYED my homeworld! SNORT! Don't you think they might have been too UNSTABLE to give advanced weapons technology to, huh? You don't have any BUSINESS lecturing us about responsibility.

Then there's the talking plant. HARG! Since when have plants been able to talk, anyway? You obviously aren't aware of the awesome power, the GLORY of the Aqua Helix! The Aqua Helix that EVERY Thaddash Culture has revered! For millenia, the Aqua Helix was the ONE THING that bound our people together! That we all revered! And then... ROAR! The HUMANS stole it. We TRUSTED Zelnick! We welcomed him! And he took our trust and stomped on it. If you seriously think we'll WILLINGLY forget the one real lesson the evil "Teacher" (SNORT!) taught us, and trust any human again... you'd better get more sun, or something.

And the talking mushroom (What's next? Talking dirt? HARG HARG HARG!) can go babble at someone else about Juffo Wups and Hushes and plasma furnaces. HARG! I ain't interested."
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 »

This is sad. Juffo-Wup is sad. I breathe the air of my creators. Also how will the allience deal with the slave traders the Druuge they displease Juffo-Wup in there alien traficking! Supox the creators nor Juffo-Wup will you to know but this relationship is nessary for structured government to the Mycon we Mycon are still very confused about how you do things like "diplomacy" and we see so to find mentors and from what we heard having a nation rule over a nation spreads ideals and culture.'Find most powerful race then learn from those raceses if possible then send data to *werid staic noises and some random gibberish* then repeat excluding the previous target until you run out of targets then start over.'
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial »

FELLOW REPRESENTATIVES, LET US RETURN TO THE MATTERS OF THRADDASH RESETTLEMENT AND VUX RAIDING. WE CAN DISCUSS THE MORALITY OF THE EVENTS REGARDING THE AQUA HELIX AT A LATER DATE.

REGARDING THE FORMER MATTER, WE WOULD SUGGEST THAT THE THRADDASH ARE GRANTED A NEW HABITABLE WORLD IN EXCHANGE FOR FOLLOWING A FEW, SIMPLE GUIDELINES. OUR SUGGESTION FOR THESE GUIDELINES READS AS FOLLOWS:

THE THRADDASH WILL...
1. REFRAIN FROM BUILDING, UTILIZING OR OTHERWISE INVOLVING THEMSELVES WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONRY.
2. REFRAIN FROM USING ANY SORT OF BIOLOGICAL OR CHEMICAL WARFARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DELIBERATELY SPREADING TOXINS, DISEASES AND/OR CORROSIVE MATERIALS ON THE SURFACE OF THEIR NEW HOMEWORLD.
3. CARRY OUT ANY WITHIN-SPECIES, ARMED CONFLICT OFF-WORLD, WHERE THE ECOLOGY OF THE HABITABLE PLANET WILL NOT BE HARMED BY THE WARFARE.
4. AVOID EXCESSIVE FOCUS ON THE MILITARY, ARMS RACES OR OTHERWISE WASTEFUL BUILDUPS OF WEAPONRY OR OTHER WAR MATERIAL.
5. REFRAIN FROM BEHAVING WITH OVERT AGGRESSION. THIS IS NOT TO BE DEFINED BASED ON THE BEHAVIOR OF CULTURE TWELVE.
6. NEVER ATTACK ANOTHER RACE WITHOUT PROVOCATION.

WE BELIEVE THAT, WITH THESE GUIDELINES BEING FOLLOWED, IT WOULD BE SAFE TO GRANT THE THRADDASH RACE ANOTHER HOMEWORLD WITHOUT FEARING THE DESTRUCTION OF THE WORLD IN QUESTION.

ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC, OUR AVATARS HAVE ARRIVED BY THE VUX BORDERS, AND THEY HAVE DETECTED NO INTRUDER SHIPS NEARBY. THERE APPEARS TO BE A DISTINCT LACK OF VUX SHIPS, OR ANY OTHER SHIPS FOR THAT MATTER, BY THE VUX BORDERS, BUT WHETHER THIS ALSO HOLDS TRUE FOR THEIR WORLDS IS UNKNOWN, AS OUR SHIPS HAVE REFRAINED FROM MOUNTING AN INCURSION INTO VUX TERRITORY. HOW WOULD YOU SUGGEST THAT WE APPROACH THIS MYSTERY?
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.
glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device »

I second the proposition of the Chmrr representative. I believe that granting the Thraddash a second chance is probably the best way to go if we want to put old feelings aside. That being said, perhaps that the conditions could be amended. In my society, it is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that roots and stems are well formed. We can't really hold the Thraddash by the hand forever. They should be in control of their society.

Our blades also arrived near the ZFP homeworld. We detected remains of ionization particles probably caused by usage of a laser weapon. We however did not detect any Intruders or remains so far. We will continue to investigate the area and give you a more detailed account of our findings.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

"I will also support resettling the Thraddash, with the expectation that they will be able to restrain themselves from killing each other. I don't think that it would be necessary to forcibly impose the proposed restrictions on them, but they would certainly make for a good start if adopted voluntarily."

"Our Space Patrol squadrons have reported arriving in Zoq-Fot-Pik space, and have been patrolling for several days now. We have also detected no sign of VUX vessels at any point during patrols. If we could have an update on the situation from the Zoq-Fot-Pik, it would certainly help us coordinate our efforts."