The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:10 am

SYREEN REPRESENTATIVE, IT WAS PRECISELY BECAUSE WE WANTED TO AVOID DISCUSSING THIS IN THE MAIN AREA THAT WE MADE OUR INITIAL SUGGESTION. AS THE BASE STRUCTURE OF THE ALLIANCE WILL NO DOUBT BECOME COMMON KNOWLEDGE REGARDLESS, WE FOUND NO PROBLEM WITH DISCUSSING IT HERE IN ORDER TO ESTABLISH THE BASIS FOR FUTURE IN-ALLIANCE COMMUNICATIONS, HOWEVER IF YOU WOULD RATHER MOVE THIS TO MORE PRIVATE CHANNELS, WE WOULD NOT OBJECT. REGARDLESS, YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT; WHILST IT WAS NOT OUR INTENT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THE OPINIONS OF CERTAIN RACES, WE THOUGHT IT LOGICAL THAT THOSE DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY AN ISSUE WOULD HOLD GREATER INFLUENCE IN THE MATTER AT HAND. IT WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE EXPLOITED MALICIOUSLY, IF AT ALL AND, IF IT WERE USED AS INTENDED WITH OBJECTIVE INTERPRETATIONS OF RELEVANCE, IT WOULD BE A BETTER OPTION. HOWEVER, IT DOES, AS YOU SAY, UNFORTUNATELY REMAIN VULNERABLE TO ILL-INTENTED EXPLOITATIONS WHICH WE DID NOT CONSIDER, AS OUR SUGGESTION WOULD BE FUNCTIONAL IF EMPLOYED WITHIN OUR OWN SPECIES.

HOWEVER, AS IT IS GOING TO BE EMPLOYED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE ALLIANCE, IT IS TRUE THAT YOUR REVISIONS WOULD BE LESS VULNERABLE TO SUCH ISSUES AND THAT, PERHAPS, OUR SUGGESTION WAS NOT THE BEST POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE FOR USE IN THESE MATTERS. WE INTERPRETED THE SITUATION DIFFERENTLY, AND SO CAME TO DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS, BOTH OF OUR DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS HAVING THEIR OWN POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE MERITS. HOWEVER, IN GENERAL, YOUR SUGGESTION WOULD BE MORE SUITED TO THE TASK, AND SO WE WILL CONCEDE OUR OWN SUGGESTION IN FAVOR OF YOUR OWN.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:29 am

Flup inflates agian and says quickly the VUX attack Juffo-Wup and his agents! They do not even respond to a hailing frequency. We want prmission to void VUX at least in our SOI!
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:57 pm

"The VUX have been reguarly raiding our colonies as well."
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Syreen and Chmrr representative,I propose that the current debate about the decisional instances of our future organization be broken down bit by bit so we can address it promptly. I believe that we need a bit of composure and structure right now in regards to what subject is actively discussed because I feel that several discussion are happening at the same time and that we are losing focus. We propose to use this agenda for the moment:

1. The Main council
1.1 role and power
1.2 constitution
1.3 Decision making process
1.4 Inclusion process
1.5 Exclusion process

2. The alliance Strategic command
1.1 role and power
1.2 constitution and composition
1.3 General status and autonomy level

Mycon and ZFP representatives, I propose that we will discuss your predictament regarding the Vux incursion in your region after the proposed topic of discussion. I also find it odd that Vux ships would interdict in ZFP space considering the important distance between your region of space.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:23 pm

"Thats what was so strange about it!"
"But I agree with the supox delegate, we should get back on track."

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 am

After a brief but awkward pause, where nobody really seem all that sure of what to do, Kzzrn finally takes the initiative and begins to speak.

SUPOX REPRESENTATIVE, THAT IS AN ACCEPTABLE SUGGESTION. I BELIEVE THAT THE GENERAL ANSWER TO THE FIRST OF THE PRIMARY COUNCIL POINTS IS ALREADY QUITE CLEAR, HOWEVER DETAILS MAY VARY. WE PROPOSE THAT THE PRIMARY COUNCIL WILL ACT AS THE GUIDING FACTOR OF THE ALLIANCE WITHOUT RULING DIRECTLY, MUCH LIKE THE HUMAN UNITED NATIONS' ARRANGEMENT IN THEIR EARLY TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY. THE COUNCIL WILL HANDLE ANY QUESTIONS WHICH AFFECT, OR ARE TO BE APPLIED TO, MORE THAN TWO RACES IN THE ALLIANCE, WHILST EACH SPECIES ALSO MAINTAINS A USABLE GOVERNMENT OF ITS OWN, SO THAT SHOULD THE COUNCIL COLLAPSE WE DO NOT DEVOLVE INTO ANARCHY. IN THE CASE WHERE COUNCIL AND LOCAL RULING BODIES CONFLICT, THE DECISION OF THE COUNCIL WILL TAKE PRIORITY, UNLESS THIS DECISION DIRECTLY THREATENS THE SURVIVAL OF THE LOCAL SPECIES. POWER WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED ACCORDINGLY. DOES THIS APPEAR ACCEPTABLE?
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:32 am

This is good! Now about the VUX they say they are doing a very good job clearing out such ugly species! So can we void the VUX till they surrender to term of passivity to other races.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:48 pm

"Sounds good to me!"

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:02 pm

*Physically expressing some annoyance*

Mycon represnetative, we will get there at some point, please be patient.

*Turns toward the Chmmr representative*

While we believe that members of the alliance will be kind enough to let any members through their space. I will suggest that members keep some form of local sovereignty on their territory. I also believe that rules from the alliance and from local authorities shouldn't actually interfere with each other a lot.

Should we elect some kind of general secretary to oversee the day to day affairs of the Alliance?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:13 am

Suddenly, the doors of the council chamber open with a loud crash. Startled, the delegates present spin in their seats towards the new arrival.

They behold a large, teal-skinned humanoid, about four meters tall. Its face is harsh and ugly, and a glowing cigar protrudes from the corner of its mouth. As it exhales a cloud of foul-smelling smoke, it begins to speak in a loud, gravelly voice:

"SNORK! So this is your 'Grand' Council! Looks like a bunch of puny weaklings sitting around a table to me, talking on and on like they think TALKING solves problems! HARG HARG HARG!"

It appears to regain some measure of composure, and recites what seems to be a prepared speech.

"I bring greetings from the leaders of the Thraddash Culture 22. We seek (*snork!*) cordial relations with the (*hrk*) galactic community, rapproachment with those who warred with previous Cultures (*hrgk*), to bring knowledge of our species' present plight, and to seek the return of our holiest relic, the Aqua Helix.

Well, now that's taken care of! HARG! Crazy administrators and BUREAUCRATS think they've found diplomacy... hilarious, isn't it? HARG HARG HARG!

I'll tell you why they sent me here, and why I actually OBEYED and flew all the way here to hobnob with a bunch of glorified runts like you. I'm General Gr'Tonk of the Thraddash Space Navy, and I'm here to (ulp!) ask for your help. About six months ago, those crazy spiders up and INVADED our home space. All they would say is that their (harg!) "Dark Gods" had ordered them to seek new prey, or something. Well, we fought them! Oh, how we fought them! SNORT! It was a war that'll go down in history! Every Thraddash eagerly rushed to enlist in the Navy, thrilled to be FIGHTING someone again, even a bunch of wackos like the Ilwrath. Many great warriors died, but HARG! We killed or drove off every one of those stupid spiders, and we only lost 97% of our fleet! A wonderful story, HARG! One every Thraddash child through the centuries will long to be part of.

UNfortuately, that was after the crazies toasted our homeworld and every other habitable planet in our territory. We don't have any place to live now except (ULP!) a few battle-scarred freighters and warships. I'm here to ask whoever the hell's in charge for help finding someplace to settle down without having to spend decades constructing environmental domes on some stinking dead moon. We don't (HARG!) ask much. The one medic who survived the war claims the Thraddash physiology can adapt to conditions you weaklings could never tolerate, so I guess we won't be very picky!"

The Thraddash, spotting an empty seat, stomps over and sits down in the chair with a loud crunch. It glowers across the table, spewing more vile-smelling smoke as it waits for its fellow delegates to make some reply.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod