The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by Draxas » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Greetings, delegates, and welcome to the first session of the Grand Council. I am a Melnorme Automated Diplomatic Mediation Unit, catalog number 3641-C, and will be a neutral and impartial party overseeing these proceedings. Should any delegates desire to address me directly, you may simply call me "Mediator."

Currently, our sector stands on the cusp of a new era. With the recent destruction of the Sa-Matra, the retreat of both Ur-Quan subspecies coreward, and the freeing of all known slave races, this is a critical time for the voices of all sentients to be heard. As such, this body was created to further diplomatic relations among the multitude of races residing in our sector, and hopefully broker a lasting peace. Therefore, all sentients of our sector, regardless of previous affiliations, are welcome to send a representative to this body to take part in the making of history and the shaping of our future.

Without further ado, the floor is now open to any who wish to speak.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by glory_device » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Greetings fellow emissaries, my name is Vilup and I am the appointed representative of the Supox. Our species prone patience and tolerance and it is with these intentions in mind that I move that the first order of business shall be to define the core values that the Grand Council will enforce and protect.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:04 pm

"Hello I am Zip of the Zoq-fot-pik"
"And I am Pok of the zot-fot-pik... oh and that's Fip in the middle" "We hope this meeting will help sort things out"
The Zoq fot and pik are all on their floating platorms next to the supox.
Last edited by palmpet on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:26 pm

The Chmmr representative speaks up next from its position at the other flat-side of the large, oval table which dominates the negotiation room.

SALUTATIONS, FELLOW REPRESENTATIVES. I AM KZZRN, REPRESENTATING THE CHMMR. WITH OUR ALLIANCE OF FREE STARS STILL UNSTABLE, AND LACKING OF ANY UNIFIED, LONG-TERM GOALS BEYOND THE DEFEAT OF THE UR-QUAN, THE CHMMR ACKNOWLEDGE THE NEED FOR ARRANGING A MORE STABLE, PERMANENT SOLUTION, AND WE CONCUR WITH THE ASSESSMENT OF THE SUPOX REPRESENTATIVE IN THAT OUR FIRST OBJECTIVE IN THESE NEGOTIATIONS SHOULD BE TO DEFINE THE CORE VALUES OF THE ALLIANCE. WE WOULD ADVISE BEGINNING DISCUSSION OF THESE MATTERS AS SOON AS INITIAL INTRODUCTIONS ARE COMPLETE.

(Edit: spelling error purged)
Last edited by Quasispatial on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:53 pm

While the other members were speaking, they hadn't noticed the automatic door slide open. Nor had they heard the sound of clicking and clacking across the ceiling. In the middle of the room, Lord 111 slowly lowered his massive form into view of the other delegates. They all stop chatting and look, somewhat terrified, at the hulking figure. Suddenly, it drops a blob of yellowish fleshy material onto the center of the table. The other delegates look as though they're not sure what it is. Then, the blobby thing turns and opens it's mouth:

"I... have arrived. I am Lord 111 of the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za. You were once considered to be inferior species. However, you are the first grouping of intelligent organisms that have been capable of destroying the Sa-Matra and interrupting our eternal doctrine. For this reason alone, you have gained the respect of the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za. At least for the time being. Our previous relationships have been... complicated. We expect that this council will not harbor resentment for events now in the past."

After the blobby thing closed it's mouth, the Ur-Quan; hanging from the ceiling, gathered up the talking pet and crawled across the ceiling until he was hovering above his designated seat.
Last edited by Maloo Oture on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:56 pm

"that's wonderful I was hoping ur-quan wou-"
"woah woah woah hang on theses are the guys who neary wiped us out how can we trust them!?"
Last edited by palmpet on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:08 pm

KZER-ZA REPRESENTATIVE. WE WERE NOT AWARE THAT YOU WERE PLANNING TO BE PRESENT IN THESE NEGOTIATIONS, AND YOUR SUDDEN ARRIVAL IS... SURPRISING. HOWEVER, YOUR REQUEST IS SENSIBLE; WHILST WE WILL NOT FORGET YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS TOWARDS THE RIGHTS OF SENTIENTS, WE SEE NO REASON IN HOLDING ONTO RESENTMENT WHICH WOULD DO NOTHING SAVE SLOW US ON THE PATH TOWARDS PEACE. HOWEVER, DO NOTE THAT IF YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS, THIS ATTITUDE WILL CHANGE; WE WOULD NOT GRANT YOU A THIRD CHANCE IN THESE MATTERS.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:50 pm

We are the Mycon agents of Juffo-Wup. I Flup seek to ask the new alliance of free stars for all uninhabited suitable planets for the Deep Children.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:06 pm

"WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?"
"Be quiet! Its a mycon!"
"that's a mycon?! I never knew they looked so...strange."
"You look strange to most other races too!"
"well I guess you have a point"

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:08 pm

A allience non speaks do you accept are offer for peaceful thaking of sutibual uninhabited worlds.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.