SC2 Loops

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: SC2 Loops

Post by Death 999 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:52 am

Do you think that's Fwiffo's first loop? Or did he just lose it due to the change of circumstances?

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 pm

Loop sixty-two:

Zelnick swallowed as the sorting hat settled over his head.

"Well, you're an interesting one. Not from around here, I see."

"No" Zelnick thought back. "And I'm a little concerned about the sorting. I mean, I only really know what happens if Harry goes Gryffindor. But I'm not really here in a Gryffindor capacity."

The hat waited in mental silence.

"I mean, while I'm here, I'm really mainly interested in gaining power, which is outright Slytherin. That would foul up my walkthrough! And I have a hard time really taking Voldemort seriously. Just from my knowing things, he's going to be simple to deal with. So I'm mainly going to be hitting the books. Ravenclaw?"

The hat pointed out, "If you do seek power, more doors will open to you if you are Slytherin than for any other house. More power, including the kinds of power you want."

"Not just political? Innteresting. And I can always do the right thing anyway. Okay. Slytherin. Well. Can you do me a favor and let me speak first?"

The hat paused for a moment. "Yes."

"Just give me a moment to think of what to say. Also, let's make this seem like it was a hard decision." Something brief, yet reconciling, so I can avoid ruining too much... but I don't want to alienate my new house-members. After some time, Zelnick pulled the hat off his head.

Everyone waited for the hat to announce the result, but it declined. Instead, he opened his mouth to speak. And for the first time in over a hundred years, he had stage fright. The words he'd devised suddenly seemed really stupid and insincere (which they were).

The hat finally broke the silence by going ahead and hesitantly asking, "Gryffindor?". Zelnick gave it a confused look. But we agreed... Oh well. Probably for the best on my first pass through.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:15 am

Orz loop 1:where am I this is not the correct *time* this is *frumple*.looks up to see quote on quote VUX the *unsmellble* one "Hello *extremely* are you having a *good time* enjoying the *sauce*?
"This is VUX commander ORZ why are you in Androsyth space?!
Not this again!"Androsyth make bad *storys* please no more tell *storys* about Androsyth!
"Very well then putrid creature we will have to destroy you!!!"
"It's time for the go go to *party* together!"
(The Orz captain dies due to VUX numerical superiority)
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:30 pm

... that's not how it works.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Somewhere along the line, Zelnick reasoned, reality had taken a wrong turn on the path towards fate. One odd reincarnation after the other he had lived through, and now he was here, talking to a thoroughly confused and actually somewhat upset Pkunk. As it turns out, the entire spirit world was in uproar from his apparent "shenanigans", with its entire structure being shaken from the very foundations. Or, as the spirits themselves had put it, "the structure of the underworld is not meant to be used as a trampoline".

The effects, unfortunately, were blatantly obvious by now. For one, it appeared that it were the Yehat who had ended up going to Gamma Krueger, the Kohr-Ah were complete and utter pacifists, Earth had simply ceased to exist (as such, Zelnick was the only human being in the galaxy since it had apparently disappeared hundreds of years ago), magic was the driving force between practically every ship in the galaxy except for his own, and... since when had the Syreen been purple?? The list of oddities just went on and on; suffice to say, nothing was really the same anymore.

The Pkunk Seer continued to relay the wills of the quite sour spirit populace, insisting that he had to stop doing all... this. Of course, he had no idea how to stop doing... whatever he was doing in the first place, and the spirits were stubbornly refusing to part with even the slightest tidbit of information in this matter, claiming that revealing it would cause the already unstable fabric between realms to collapse entirely, creating a cacophony without equal. Well, there was nothing for it, then. Either he would figure out how it worked eventually, or he would not, and in either case, the cycle would continue in the meantime.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:38 pm

In loop 20 - the first I wrote, over in MLP loops, Zelnick was clued in by others as to the overall structure of the Infinite Loops setting.

Also, Yggdrasil may be buggy, but this sort of decay would not occur.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Well I never looked at that thread, so I quite frankly hadn't the slightest clue. I just wrote a bit of what I felt like as I couldn't recall anything contradictory here, and well, this is the results. Please, if you want things to match up like that, at least state that the two are even connected beyond the basic idea; from what I read in the first post, that is just something I interpret as a bit of casual chatter, not something which is directly linked to this thing right here, and quite frankly I can see nothing written here that states the contrary, save for your own recent post. In my interpretation, you merely stated that you made something similar to this over at Spacebattles, but I cannot see any reason for me to have seen them as being connected in any other way.

I am not an Arilou or Ultron-wielding Utwig, so your thoughts are not like an open book for me to read. Keep that in mind next time, would ya?
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Or a high Pukunk one who can also read minds easily.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:30 pm

gtb2002 wrote:Pukunk
I see that, just like the Yehat, you have quite the difficulty in pronouncing the Pkunk race's name. Still, fair enough, some of the more spiritually developed Pkunk would certainly work too.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:29 am

hah - no, the Loops is a massive 1000+ author collaborative setting. I didn't add more than a few snips here and there.

I see I wasn't specific enough introducing it here. Sorry!

Also my fault for letting it sit so long.

~~~~

"Would you... tell my fortune?"

"Not at all. You are an open book to me.
Ahhh, how quaint your little life is. So refreshing.
Anyway, I see in your future, that you will be jumping across the galaxy
through dimensional doorways which are at your beck and call.
This ability you shall receive from a mysterious, and yet somehow I sense, lovable alien race
called ArilouLaleelay, or LalilouArilay, or LoopylooHappyday, or something like that.
Also I sense that you will have 14 children, and die at an early age."

Zelnick blinked. "Whhhaat? That's exactly the same as last time!"

The pkunk blinked several times rapidly. "Is it? How felicitous! Precise reproducibility has never been our strongest suit, as you might imagine. Who gave the reading?"

"You did, Raven. In a previous life, pretty much here and around now."

A finger raised. "Aah. Er. That is, interesting, but... well! I see humans have an entirely different way of understanding 'previous life' than we do!"

"Well, last time it was... wrong. Well, the part about jumping around the galaxy was right, and dying at an early age, but no kids." Unless Talana bore quad-dectuplets, I guess?

Raven focused in. "Let me... take a second look."

After a minute, Zelnick suggested, "Should I come over to your..."

"Shhh!" the Pkunk replied.

Zelnick waited a little longer.

"Aha!" Raven raised both wings and swung them a little. "I understand now! You are a funny one! Maybe if I'd seen a normal human before you, I would have understood. You are a hall of mirrors, aren't you? An endless stack of reflections, one on top of another, going on forever. An eternal cycle within the eternal cycle."

"Umm. Eternal? I just did this once. I figured the Arilou sent me back to try again?"

"All right, semi-eternal. You are on the second cycle of forever."

So, we'll fail, again and again, our quest hopeless?

"Yes, captain, I don't think you're getting out of this any time soon, no!"