The Raven Squadron

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Re: The Raven Squadron

Post by glory_device » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:20 pm

The guard, an african-american male with a serious rugged look, activates his communication device and speak into it.

''Control, this is alpha-nine at the north gate, I have an Utwig by the name of Nergo and a spathi named Alvarin that are asking permission to enter the compound. They claim that their ship crash landed a few kilometers of the outpost. They also claim that they were attacked by drones during their trip to the compound. What are your orders? Over.''

You are unable to hear the response from the control center and you simply wait for a few minutes.

''Copy that, I will bring both of them to the HQ for a debriefing''

He looks around a bit and then open again his communication device

''This is alpha-nine, requesting opening of the north gate''

He then looks at you and with a stern look ask you to follow him inside the compound.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:02 am

<Do as he says, but bring the platform along>
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:30 pm

You enter the compound and after a few steps, you hear the door closing behind you with a metal squeaking. From what you can see, the compound is made of temporary installations in a grid pattern. Around the center of the compound is a permanent construction about 4 levels of height. Around it lies slightly bigger installation with a lot of different material. You suppose that this is where the equipment is gathered or traded. You follow the guard into the permanent construction where you leave the cargo inside a hangar bay.

You then proceed to follow the guard to the command post with a frightened Alvarin.

The guard ask you a question: ''what the hell is going on with your friend, I never saw a living being shake like that before"
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:10 am

"Well, we've been through a bit of action. Firstly, our ship crashed and then we've gotten attacked by drones on several occasions. With him being a Spathi, it's not surprising he's still frightened."
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:35 pm

You continue walking and you suddenly stop in front of a door. The guard asks Alvarin to stay outside with him and ask you to enter the room.

The guard explains that you will be debriefed by the compound's commanding officer regarding the various events of today.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:05 pm

<Do as the guard says> (Again)

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:21 am

You enter what seems to be an office refitted into an interrogation room. Sitting down in front of you is a man with grey hair and wearing a commanding officer uniform. You calmly sit down at a chair and the man begin to speak. You have a gut feeling that the guy in front of you is not an easy going person. Rigid and stoic might describe his personality trait. The room you are in is cold looking, no decoration, no painting, no natural light...only a small hue and a blast door designed to withstand explosion. In short, this place is scary.

''Nergois it? I never had the opportunity of dealing with an Utwig before so let me be frank and to the point. Now I will ask you once and once only: where is captain Philipps ? According to our database he is the commanding officer of the Raven, the ship that crash landed a few days ago. He is also known to be a traitor and a pirate''

''Ever since your ship landed, we were engaged a couple of times by some kind of drone army and we want to know what is going on...so speak''

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:30 am

[Equips the Cover of Friendly yet Suspicious Interaction] (The Humans probably don't know all the mask codes anyways, so they wouldn't immediately know that I'm suspicious.. :D )

<As for the captain, we have not found any trace of his survival, so we assumed that he died in the crash. We can not be certain of his death, though, since we have no real evidence of it, either. The droids... Well, we were hoping that you would be able to tell us what's going on about them. They've attacked us several times, once at the crashed ship where one of them were trying to hack into the main data core, and once out there trying to stop us from reaching this settlement. We don't know much at all about them, really>

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:41 pm

''Can you at least prove any of the information that you are providing. Otherwise, we might have to use more...delicate procedures. For your safety and the safety of your gooey friend, I strongly suggest that you start cooperating''

So far, you are only dimly aware of the intentions of the interrogator. He seems convinced that you are lying however and doesn't trust you at all.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:41 pm

(Just came to think of how useful it would be to have the "Jedi Mind Trick" right now... "You do not need any further proof. These aren't the aliens you're looking for.")

<Uhm... We did rip out a data core from one of the robots, but that wouldn't be very useful... Maybe... [looks in whatever I carry my stuff in]... ah yes, we did find a few data pads here and there, too. One of them seemed to have explicit instructions to "not share with anyone", but I guess it's a bit late for that by now... Which pad do you want to investigate first? [Holds out the four datapads I currently carry] (Encrypted nemath intel, unknown encrypted, captain's letters, captain's star control orders. It is worth noting that I did not specify what was on them to the investigators, so yeah...)>

(Oh, just gonna type another pointless piece of info here. Whilst writing this, I got bored and played some UQM melee. Gave the game's hardest AI ten marauders and then I beat all of them using a single Ur-Quan dreadnaught... The AI really is bad.)