The Raven Squadron

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: The Raven Squadron

Post by Quasispatial » Sat May 31, 2014 1:01 pm

<Look around for anything suspicious or out of place> (Skill check: Spot)
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 am

By inspecting the ground, you see that patches of ground were displaced and something tried to cover it up. At one place, you are able to see a metal fragment coming out of the ground. (Spot: 14 +3 = 17). You are unable to tell what this is, however, your intuition dictates that it is a trap...Perhaps a minefield.

The minefield is located in a choke point in the environment.

What do you try to do?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:52 am

<Pick up the closest rock and throw it at the minefield> (Abort this action if: Closest rock position = past the minefield)
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:28 pm

You pick up a decent sized boulder and throw it toward the strange terrain and take cover behind the platform. When the boulder hits the ground, you hear a distinctive metal sound. You wait several seconds, but nothing else happens. You are left puzzled at the nature of what this thing could be.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:37 am

<Hidden action> (will be sent in PM, expecting response there too)

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:52 pm

<Attempt to deactivate the mysterious objects> Continue trying until A, B or C is met. A: Sucessfully deactivating the object. B: Object detonates, leaving it unusable. C: Five unsucessful attempts have been made.

If option A is reached, store the deactivated objects on the platform.

If B is reached, the thing's broken and can therefore be ignored.

If C then move the objects' field away.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:22 pm

On the first attempt, you are able to disable the mysterious device. (19+1 = 20) You are also able to clearly identify it as a emp web used to knock out gravity lifted vehicles. You presume that the robots put it there in a hurry in an attempt to prevent you from entering the outpost.

You store it safely inside the cargo for further usage.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:09 am

<Keep moving (the platform) towards the platform's destination>

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 pm

You finally arrive to the outpost gate. Upon your arrival, you see that the outpost is surrounded by a small defense wall. You locate the gate and you are intercepted by a guard.

Guard: ''Stop, who are you? What are you doing here? Where do you come from?''

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:58 am

At first, Nergo just remains silent, a bit taken aback at the sudden flurry of questions. After a short while of silence, he finally speaks.

"Uh... Well, as for your first question, I am the Utwig Nergo, one of the Raven's crew. In case you're wondering why the ship's not just landing here right away, but instead having me walk here, the answer would be that we were ambushed by an unknown vessel, possibly Kohr-Ah. We crashed [insert correct direction here] of here, me and this Spathi, Alvarin, being the only survivors as far as we know. Now, it would be preferable if you would allow us to pass, so we can enter this settlement which I do not know the name of."