The Raven Squadron

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: The Raven Squadron

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:11 pm

"Hey, stop messing with the engine core!"

"As I see it we don't need working engines on a crashed ship that would'nt be able to fly with them anyways."
"The only thing you would accomplish by starting them, if they even function, will be running the wreckage further into the ground, which is not only useless to us but also dangerous."
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Nergo is unsuccessful in deactivating the security system because he can't completely override the system. (DC 20 score of 14) However, on a second attempt, he is able to re-input the information of Nergo and Alvarin into the system. (DC 15 score of 16).

In the mean time Alvarin is looking at the reactor core control panel and in an attempt to completely shut down the power plant. (Engineering check since you didn't learn knowledge engineering, you cannot use it in conjunction). The procedure will require about 3 hours to accomplish. Currently you cleared the security system and is initiating the shut down sequence. You also know that there is a slight chance that the reaction inside the core may go out of control (DM's note: if you hit a natural 1, you will have a 10% chance of the core overloading and explode and a 70% chance that the core will be heavily damaged without any catastrophic failure for the surrounding)

The shut down procedure can be reversed for the first two hours. After that, it will require an extra 7 hours to relunch the sequence assuming you have the proper parts.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:42 am

"Okay, I Think I managed to make the defences recognise us again."
"I'm going to see if it worked, and then explore the wreckage."

Action 1A: Quickly check if the defences try to attack, if they do attack then go back in (causing action 1A to fail).
Action 2A: Search the ship for survivors and items. (Skill check: Search)
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:51 pm

"I'm not starting them, I'm going to prevent them from blowing up due to our absence. Moreover, the only true way to ensure ship systems from attacking us is to get them powerless to do so."
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Nergo opens the door and enter the main cargo area. The area is a rectangular area of about 40 feet by 120 feet and is lengthwise according to your location. The surroundings is dimly lighted and is of a dull grey colors. Within it, many boxes and storage container of various sizes is scrambled across the floor. On the right wall, two doors are present. The nearest one leads to the main computer room and the further one leads to the crew quarter room. A big cargo door on the left is used to load and unload the ship. At the far end of the cargo door is the door to the bridge area.

You take a couple of cautious steps inside the cargo area and look at a hidden blaster location to see if there is a reaction from the security subsystem. It seems that your modifications are working on you. Therefore, you begin to examine the containers to see if there is anything that might be useful to you or Alvarin. In one hour, you were able to check half of the cargo bay without any incident so far.

-60 RU
-Two padded armor (+1 to armor class when equipped) (10 pounds)
-6 data pads that can be used to store information
-Rations for about three months (1 pound per day)
-4 Recharge cells for blasters (1 pound)
-Various equipment and ship spare parts most of it is too large to be carried (a data pad contains the inventory of the spare parts)
-One small blaster
-A small locked container (2 pounds)

Meanwhile, Alvarin was able to successfully initiate the warp core shutdown sequence without any problems. Only two more hours to be able to completely shut down the warp core. For the moment, the warp core is still providing power to the main grid.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Action 1A: Pick up the 60 RU, Low Padded Armor, 6 data pads, 4 blaster recharge cells, the small locked container, 50 days worth of rations and the small blaster.

Action 2A: Continue searching the cargo bay. (Skill Check: Search)

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Alvarin is succesful during the second hour and warp core shutdown is almost completed.

nergo is still searching the main cargo bay but he is feeling exausted from the overweight.

He found 6 grenades (half a pound per grenade)
spare parts for robots (not really made for transportation),
45 ru
6 Refills for the emergency mask (10 pound each)
an encrypted datapad

Last edited by glory_device on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:46 pm

<over the comms> "Hey, Nergo! I'm almost done with the shutdown. This part is critical, so I'll stay right on the spot till I'm done. I hope that settlement hasn't got too much power yet for the Kohr-Ah to locate. We'll probably need to warn them to keep their power down too, as they are our main chance to get out of here alive and we will not have much use for their radioactive ruins if they are detected... Especially if we will be nearby when this happens..."
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:18 pm

Action 1A: Pick up 6 grenades, 45 RUs, the encrypted datapad and 3 emergency mask refills.
Drop 20 days worth of rations.

<Over the comms>"Copy that Alvarin. Once it's off, maybe you'd like to come over to the cargo bay? I've found a bunch of stuff, and I thought that you might want some of it. I'm going to get over to the computer room, before the power goes out I want to be able to extract the information if I can. The stuff is in the cargo room, I'll tell you if anything happens."

Action 2A: Go to the computer room.

Action 3A: Interface with the computer, try to extract any useful information, starting with the information which our mission was to deliver, then proceeding with what seems the most relevant. Put the information in the data pads which were recovered. (Skill check: computer skill)

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:26 pm

As you open the door to the main computer room you see a small robot using a computer terminal. You do not recognize it as part of the ship system/security. A human body is unconscious inside the room. The robot notices you and begin to draw a small blaster toward you. You cannot completely identify the type of robot you are dealing with. From it's size and visible armament, it doesn't seem particularly sturdy.

Initiative result:
The robot: 2
Nergo: 16

Nergo is acting first in this fight. What do you do?

DM's note: Depending on what you try to do, I will create a map for the fight, but for now your basically 10 feet apart in direct line without any concealment.