The Raven Squadron

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Re: The Raven Squadron

Post by glory_device » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:31 pm

(You can't wear two armors..so I will assume you only wear one)

You walk to the meeting point to see that half of the group is still missing. While you wait for the rest of the group, you fall into a deep state of mind pondering the events of yesterday.

After a few minutes, everybody is ready do depart to the Raven Crash Zone. While walking, the group is talking about trivial stuff that doesn't really appeal to you. You therefore decide to remain silent. You also notice that Mays is also keeping it's distance and being really quiet, but you don't know why.

(Normally, you could intervene at any time to decide what action you want to take, but in play by post it is a bit tricky. You can do whatever you want at that point. Just tell me if you got something that you want do do...otherwise, I will skip to the next eventful moment (be it your arrival or an encounter)).
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:08 am

[Equip the Mask of Friendly Enquiries]

Walk over to Mays, and then say "You seem... troubled. What's weighing on your mind?"

(My reasoning here is that, well, Mays is keeping distance and remaining silent, as if she was pondering a problem, trying to come up with a solution. Just my guess, though, I could be totally off-track here.)
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:53 am

I don't know, I just have this weird feeling that were missing a crucial piece of information regarding what is going on. I feel like we're heading straight into a trap and that there is no way to take the lead back.

So far, we only react to them. They didn't cause any lost or damage, but it is only a matter of time. There is a bigger picture and no knowing it put us two steps behind.

So many questions without answer...
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:55 pm

"Yes, I too felt that something was astray. If only The Ultron was here to guide us, we would find all the answers. But with The Ultimate remaining on Fahz, we are left in the dark, to seek the answers without guidance.

We should be careful, never step anywhere before looking, and, most importantly, don't overestimate our capabilities. If things do go bad, we could perhaps take a page out of the Spathi's book, should that be necessary for ensuring our continued survival or take us further along the path to fulfill our destinies."
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20 pm

''You are certainly wise Nergo. No wonder you reached the base without a dent. Compared to you, commanding officers at the base are quite nervous these days. Star Control Command detached a regiment and a small fleet to investigate, but they are scheduled to arrive in one week. EM activity near the base has increased by 20% in the last couples of days and they suspect an attack. Finally, intelligence reports are scattered and generic at best, so we don't know who or why are we fighting. This whole situation is nuts.''

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:02 am

"I believe the key to winning this conflict lies in defeating the source of the probes, not destroying the probes themselves. If we could re-enact something similar to the Slylandro Probes' solution, we might find the problem solving itself, thus sparing many lives."

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 am

''As far as we know, the current drones are not self replicating. However, we could turn drone against drone. We can try to work on this while the engineers get the Raven ready. For now, let's pick up the pace shall we?''

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:46 am

"Yes, definitively."

[Equips the Visage of Rapid Movement]

[Continue walking until the next event / arrival at destination]

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:16 pm

You continue to walk for a while without any encounter. You are about 600 meters away from the Raven when Mays order everybody to stop and to quickly take cover. You take a quick look around and don't notice anything strange for the moment.

Mays then manage to take out a scanner to detect any metallic signature. She then proceed to point towards 4 different directions with different numbers each time. In total, there seems to be 7 possible hostile target 1 single and the rest in groups of two. Mays then, gather you and a few others to discuss what to do.

''They are on the other side of the raven. It's like they expect us to come from the other side. There might be more of them, the soil is interfering with our scanners. I suggest that we split into two group: one that will advance carefully from the front and one, led by Nergo, will lead the 2nd group that will flank from the right. any questions?''

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:29 pm

(My apologies for being away for so long. Sort of prolonged the delay thanks to an invading armada of tests from the direction of school. I will hopefully be able to be more active now, though no guarantees - one can never be too sure that the test-armada won't return someday.)

[Equips the Mask of Tactical Enquiry] "You did not speak of who goes in which group, except for you and me. How shall the other divide?"