The Raven Squadron

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

The Raven Squadron

Post by glory_device » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:50 am

Alvarin and Nergo are currently stranded in the zeta gruis I-A system after a surprise attack by an unknown Kohr-Ah maraudeur. While most of the Ur-Quan and Kohr-ah accepted a truce, some renegade still roam around the galaxy unable to accept the decision of star control command regarding their gradual settlement for peace. Event of this adventure are taking place two years after the events of star-control II.

The alliance is trying to create an organization similar to the old sentient milieu. However they are struggling with the implementation of such a massive undertake. Act of piratery are common place and law are barely maintained.

After crash landing, both of you are the only survivor of the wreckage of a crew of 5 The attack completely destroyed the cockpit. Fortunately, you were not there at that moment. A nearly created alliance settlement is nearby. You do not know that much about this system however. Before crash landing, your mission was to carry information to a group of Nemath smugglers. The information is encrypted on the ship's computer.

You don't know a lot so far about the Nemath, they are a recently arrived race that joined the alliance to get some politic stability in their quadrant. They come from a region North of Yehat space which is not well known.

You are inside the wreckage of your ship in the engine room, you do not know yet if the air outside is breathable. You are still in the jumpsuits because of the maintenance that you were doing before the attack. From environmental control, you know that half of the ship is still pressurized. Surprisingly, the inertial dampener protected you from any trauma and you are not hurt in any way. What do you do? Where to go from there?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: The Raven Squadron

Post by Alvarin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:21 pm

"Oh god, thank you for not letting me die, so far, today! Tomorrow will be SO MUCH BETTER!"
*How much air do I have left in the suit?* <check suit readout>
"Nergo, you alive?"
*Can I use his air? Oh, still alive... Just as good, will keep me safe.*
*How does he change masks while in the suit? he can't POSSIBLY take the helmet off just for that, can he?*

EDIT:
edited in the action, as DM cue.
Last edited by Alvarin on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:19 am

"Yes, I'm alive Alvarin, and it's nice to see that I'm not the only one."
"Maybe we should check the area, see if there's anything we can use."

[A intricate machinery inside the breathing helmet activates, swiftly replacing the Utwig's previous mask with the Mask of Investigating a Damaged Area]

"You seen any working consoles or anything of that type? We could find out if anything's still running, and we probably should download that information we were supposed to deliver, too."

Action: search area (Skill check: Search/spot.)
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:30 pm

You search inside the engine room. Your first observation note that the engine core seems to be intact and is not threatening for the moment. Furthermore, you realize that your environmental suit are disabled because the air in the engine room is breathable. Both of your environmental suit are at full capacity (about 3 hour or so of work). .

To your left is the door that leads to the main cargo bay and to your right is the ship diagnostic computer. This computer can't give you any information about the data contained inside the ship computer. It is working on a separate network to ensure that ship diagnostic and repair is more reliable. You will be able to access security systems, environmental control and damage report on this computer.

Nergo is also able to find a small bag of tools used for ship repair.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 am

[Walks over to the ship diagnostics computer]

Action: Access damage report (Skill check: computer skill)
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:55 am

<visually assess structural integrity of this room>
"Nergo, do you have diagnostic scanners in that kit? I'd like to be sure this room will not collapse on us."
"Have you been able to contact the rest of the crew?"
<Use communication device of the suit, if it has one>

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:30 pm

*DM comment: the suit is simply a small breathing mask (avatar like for those who saw the movie) and is not a full bodied environmental suit. However, it indeed got a limited communication device. Assuming you find something doesn't mean that it got picked up.*

Alvarin's communication device remain silent after numerous attempts at communicating with the bridge crew. Alvarin is unable to assess the structural integrity of the room. From his numerous nervous glare, he is able to see that the room didn't bend, crack, thorn or any other visible structural stress.

Nergo opens the damage control of the small Earthling ship and realize that the command deck and the crew quarters were thorn appart by the attack. The main cargo bay, the main computer and some access point are still linked to the ship. Furthermore, the main cargo bay is still pressurized. The main computer and the main access panel are however exposed to the outside condition. The ship sensors are not working and it is impossible to detect the air composition outside. Because of the sensor malfunction, the security system of the ship is unable to detect the presence of the crew and will therefore try to eliminate the crew if you step out of the engine room. You know that the ship security can be destroyed the old fashion way. You can try to disable the security system from this console.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:25 pm

"Nergo, don't take your mask off yet, I am planning on shutting down the reactor entirely and to disconnect all the stored power. Whatever rooms have air now will still have it for a while, what's been breached is gone anyway. I want to seek the crew, they do not respond to my calls."

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:53 am

"Wait, don't go anywhere yet"
"This console here is not connected to the main grid, and thus we cannot turn the power off from here."
"However, it would be troublesome, to say the least, trying to go somewhere else to do such a thing, since the ship's defencive systems seem to shoot at anything that moves due to a lack of sensors.."

"I'll see if I can get the security systems to cooperate and turn off the defences.."

Action: Access security systems, attempt to turn off internal ship defences (Skill check: Computer skill)

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 am

"Not going ANYWHERE before shutting down the power entirely, EXACTLY because of security. Don't think hacking the console is good idea, you might trigger something."
<attempt FULL shutdown from the engine core. Skills: Ship Design, Reparation, Engineering, KNOWLEDGE engineering>