Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3 (OOC)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:17 pm 
Atum-ta the Sixth

I would love to se what Trog makes of this, since his entire playthrough is rolled up into an RP. That said, I don't know if delaying another year or two for him to finish the game is a very good idea since we have interest in starting now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:19 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Draxas wrote:
I would love to se what Trog makes of this, since his entire playthrough is rolled up into an RP. That said, I don't know if delaying another year or two for him to finish the game is a very good idea since we have interest in starting now.

Well, we could always start a fifth Council RP once he finishes his playthrough. No matter how the upcoming iteration goes, I very much doubt it will drag on for long enough to still be going by the time he's done. Assuming current playthrough speed, of course. I, too, am curious what he would make of it, but waiting two years is a sure-fire way of ensuring this thing doesn't even launch in the first place. We'd want to get this off the ground relatively quickly, or it might splutter out and die before it even starts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:48 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.
If we do ever get another one of these going... I've been thinking... it might be a bit risky but... I wanna try my hand at rping as the keel-verezy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:37 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Hmm. Might be hard to fit their reputation. Well, it's not like there isn't a possible back story for them that would let them come out of hiding.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

True. Well they could easily reveal themselves because the quadrant is in a state of peace.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:02 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

It would make it both harder and easier for you. Harder because since there isn't very much of an established behavioral pattern for them, you'll have to more or less create one yourself, but easier because you don't have as strict behvioral patterns to adhere to.

As for my own race pick... well, I took the Chmmr last time, so I'd like a bit of variation to keep it from getting old. The Utwig, perhaps. I'm sure I can be imaginative enough to come up with suitable mask etiquette for any occasion that may present itself. That being said, playing as the remnants of the Veep-Neep queens' followers, who I could reason into having retreated and established their own colonized area, could be interesting too if they show up and demand to get the throne back. They and the 'main' Yehat would probably be at eachothers' throats, however.

Yeah, it will probably be better if I just take the Utwig. Odd offshoot groups -not the Pkunk- can wait until later. That's it then. By the power of the Ultimate, I decree that I shall take the role of the negotiator from the Utwig Proctorate.

Also, shouldn't we consider creating an OOC thread for the fourth iteration instead of having discussions about the fourth in the third?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:33 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

I look forward to seeing an utwig in one of these for once. Also I second there being an OOC chat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:14 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Quasispatial wrote:
By the power of the Ultimate, I decree that I shall take the role of the negotiator from the Utwig Proctorate.

The what?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:43 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Death 999 wrote:
Quasispatial wrote:
By the power of the Ultimate, I decree that I shall take the role of the negotiator from the Utwig Proctorate.

The what?

Not counting the Ultron, the Utwig Proctors are the leaders of the Utwig civilization. Proctor is clearly a title, but if we assume that the name itself operates similar to the principles which, say, make it so that a king is the leader of a kingship, the name of this rulership is related to the titles of the rulers. The word 'proctor' does not operate well with the -ship attachment, however. Instead of a proctorship, it would therefore be a proctorate. Thus, the Utwig Proctorate is the governing body of the Utwig race. Therefore, the diplomat (or negotiator) from the Utwig would be a representative of the Utwig Proctorate, as they would represent the race's main governing body.

If you were referring to the Ultimate, the Ultron is sometimes referred to as such by the Utwig. Does this qualify as a suitable explanation?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:51 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

For anyone who missed it, those who have notifications on for this thread but not the new one and don't frequent very often if nothing comes up in the notifications, there was an OOC thread made for the fourth iteration some time ago, and just recently, the IC thread came up as well. Click the links if you're curious. Just figured it couldn't hurt to post a notification.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12